GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not at all mechanically inclined at all but need to install the Bushtec hitch and wiring harness on my 2018 Goldwing DCT. For those that have it installed, is it something that you did yourself or did you end up having to go to the Bushtec factory to have it done?

Thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have this set-up my son in law installed it it did not look all that difficult to me but most any bike dealer could do it, dont know where you live but it could be long ride to Jacksboro, Tn.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I installed my own BushTek hitch on my 2018. I did have to remove the rear wheel to get access to one of the forward nuts, but that was really no big deal. The upper, under the seat braces need to be done one side at a time as the bolt on one side holds the hole alignment on the other side while removing the bolt. I believe this is pointed out in the instructions. It was easier to install than the hitch I put on my 2010 which took a while to get everything lined up properly (Big Bike).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have this set-up my son in law installed it it did not look all that difficult to me but most any bike dealer could do it, dont know where you live but it could be long ride to Jacksboro, Tn.
I think I will take a stab at it myself. I would be a long ride to Jacksboro...... on second thought maybe it would be a nice weekend jaunt for the Goldwing. Lol Thanks for the input

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed my own BushTek hitch on my 2018. I did have to remove the rear wheel to get access to one of the forward nuts, but that was really no big deal. The upper, under the seat braces need to be done one side at a time as the bolt on one side holds the hole alignment on the other side while removing the bolt. I believe this is pointed out in the instructions. It was easier to install than the hitch I put on my 2010 which took a while to get everything lined up properly (Big Bike).
I might just give it a go myself. It doesn't seem as difficult as a once thought

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am not at all mechanically inclined at all but need to install the Bushtec hitch and wiring harness on my 2018 Goldwing DCT. For those that have it installed, is it something that you did yourself or did you end up having to go to the Bushtec factory to have it done?

Thanks
Here is a link to my post on installing the bushtec hitch Bushtec Hitch istalled

1 - 7 of 7 Posts