GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the three options Bushtec offers for hitch packages?

I have read their listing of parts on the webpage for each package, but don't know what the performance or safety difference will be. Can anyone offer some advice on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You get the same hitch in all the packages. The difference is in the extras. At a minimum you want the isolator. You can get this with package 2 & 3 or you can purchase it elsewhere. This can save you trouble down the road if you ever have a short in the trailer wiring. I got the Deluxe package that came with the mud flap.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
bangladave said:
You get the same hitch in all the packages. The difference is in the extras. At a minimum you want the isolator. You can get this with package 2 & 3 or you can purchase it elsewhere. This can save you trouble down the road if you ever have a short in the trailer wiring. I got the Deluxe package that came with the mud flap.

+++++++++++++++1 .........chuck

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Bushtec hitch for sale on eBay right now. It includes the isolator minus the connectors. The ball, lock etc. ARE included

eBay item #270075820030

·
Registered
322 Posts
Which connector is the best to use with the Bushtec trailer and hitch? It should be waterproof.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The trailer is fully wired and the bike side wire harness with a dead plug is included with the trailer. No need to look for any other connectors.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
nope.. there is no plug on the bike.. honda doesn't "approve" of bike trailers.. you'll have to splice the wiring harness into the brake and running lights on the bike. if you get the Electrical connection kit with the isolation package (either direct or from bushtec), the instructions are pretty clear... even I managed it.. ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
alabamaWing said:
bushtec said:
The trailer is fully wired and the bike side wire harness with a dead plug is included with the trailer. No need to look for any other connectors.
This will plug into a plug that already exists on the bike? no splicing?
The Bushtec V.2 GL1800 Standard and Deluxe versions come with the Plug & Play Electronic Isolator Relay Package which eliminates any splicing and protect the electrics of the motorcycle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
bushtec said:
alabamaWing said:
bushtec said:
This will plug into a plug that already exists on the bike? no splicing?
The Bushtec V.2 GL1800 Standard and Deluxe versions come with the Plug & Play Electronic Isolator Relay Package which eliminates any splicing and protect the electrics of the motorcycle.

Just finished installing the bushtec V2 hitch on my 2006 Goldwing and the isolation kit that came with it was easy to install. No splicing, Just unplug and plug according to the directions. I had to get the 5 to 4 converter from Electrical Connections to finish the job because my trailer uses the 4 wire system. The converter didn't come with the isoation kit. You may not need it depending on the trailer your pulling. Good Luck.

Jim
tnwingrider

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bushtec rocks (Opps figure of speech)

OK OK I love my bushtec and I love the support I have gotten from them.

John Hope to see you on the road this coming season.

QUESTION: Will your V.2 hitch go on a 2007 Goldwing? If so can I come to your facility and purchase it and have it mounted there?

Thanks

·
Registered
700 Posts
Re: Bushtec rocks (Opps figure of speech)

CapeCodWinger said:
OK OK I love my bushtec and I love the support I have gotten from them.

John Hope to see you on the road this coming season.

QUESTION: Will your V.2 hitch go on a 2007 Goldwing? If so can I come to your facility and purchase it and have it mounted there?

Thanks
YES, The Bushtec V.2 GL1800 Vertical Receiver Hitch will fit all GL1800's from 2001 through 2007. You may make an appointment with the factory for installation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts