GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Call John for anything you need it's free to call and He will help you.
I'v got one of his first hitchs on my o1. It is the best made but, not the
only option. Be sure to get the right ball or pin set up you need for what
ever trailer you have. Bushtec uses a pin system they will ship which ever
you need.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I purchased the Bushtec Deluxe hitch. I have never been sorry. I had everything I needed, all in one package and it was not difficult to install. We took the time to solder all connections which took a little longer but it is worth it in the long run. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also bought a Bushtec Hitch. I paid the big bucks because I've heard that the owner of Bushtec never does anything half way. I heard correctly. This hitch is put together very well and everything fit exactly.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The NEW Revised hitch is even better. Just installed it, no more fighting with the exhaust pipes either. Slides in along the exhaust and mounts on two replaced bolts. Worse part was removing the seat to put on the upper supports. Saddle bag frame may move a little when changing these bolts, so some push and pull might be needed. Nothing bad, you just do not want to cross thread the bolts to start with. Great craftsmanship and finish. 2-3 hours with no rush.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the BushTec hitch on my '02 and although it was the most expensive of the ones I was looking at, it is also the best (in my opinion). Make sure you get the isolator for the wiring. Our GL1800's need this option because of the electronics on the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts