GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years back, someone posted a source for the type of connectors that Bushtec uses. I believe it was the manufacturer itself, but not exactly sure.

I just bought a Hannigan trailer and need to replace the trailer side pigtail to match the existing Bushtec connectors on our bike and convertible.

I'd buy one from Bushtec, but they only have 6 inches total length of plug body and wire. I am looking for a longer harness so I won't have a bunch of splices that close to the plug. I don't understand why Bushtec doesn't sell longer harnesses for the trailer side (the bike side harnesses are 4 feet long I believe). After all, trailer wire is cheap and that way one could cut to whatever length is desired. This is the one Bushtec offers. http://store.bushtec.com/product-p/99703000.htm

Anyone remember the name of the manufacturer or can point me to that thread? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Delphi was the name I was looking for.

·
Registered
54 Posts
delphi 6 pin

Howdy,
I just ordered 3 pair from AMAZON by searching delphi 6 in automotive. Just the male&female plugs. You'd have to do your own wiring. Comes with empty space plugs and pins. Extra plugs can be sealed with included blockers to insert when trailer and bike are disconnected to keep dirt & stuff out of main plugs.
Just my 2 Pesos worth...
WINGZ
:flg::flg::flg:

·
Registered
108 Posts
amazon is your friend!

I too ordered some of these connectors from amazon. the price cannnot be beat - these plugs range from 6 - 26 dollars apiece from autoparts stores - but you can get them in 6 pin, 4 pin, or 2 pin sets through amazon for a fraction of the price. If you need extra pins or plugs or the release tool, they are available at mcmaster carr.

The only wrinkle - the 6 pin plugs are keyed. The ones shipped from amazon do not exactly match the keys on the bushtec plugs. But that is easily fixed with a sharp knife!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts