GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new Bushtec tire, it is a 3 x 16,I have one new one, the original type. I tried the new ones from Bushtec and they lasted only 6000 miles. Does anyone know where to get one, or is there a better tire out there? thanks

·
Registered
495 Posts
I hope you have some luck, please post your search results. I have at least 6,000 miles on my old style Bushtec tires and they still look almost new. I measured the tread depth and they're worn 1mm from new.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tire

Yes, I am not sure but I think I got around 25000 on the original tires, the new ones are 3\4 gone with 5200 miles. :eek:4:Hope I can find a better tire!!

·
Read Only
853 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
JC Whitney maybe a place to find one. Or pose the question on the tRailer sub board

·
Registered
43 Posts
I may have what you are look but it will be tonight before I can look at the tire. What I have came with a trailer I bought some time ago and I have since sold the trailer. It has never been mounted and is brand new. I will get the information off of it an take a picture.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have a Bushtec Trailer tire I will sell. I used it for a spare. It's about 1/2 worn and is an original off my trailer. (sold the trailer, still have the tire). I'll try to get a picture of it today if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I would NOT use the JC Whitney tires. They are much thinner and cheaply made. I have compared them side by side to a Bushtec and you can tell a big difference. My 2 cents. I believe the Bushtec tires are a 6 ply HD tire. That's what John told me when I bought new tires. My tire is $20 and actual shipping

Bash.

Of course some people have told me I can't and shouldn't use a car tire on my Wing too. But what the heck do I know?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tire

Yes it is what I am looking for, I will take it, will send message,thanks Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.