GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least they don't look level in all of the pictures I've seen of them. Everything I've been reading about trailers so far pretty much says trailer should be level yet when I see them attached to any bike they look like they are tilted to the front, almost like the tongue is up too high or way to heavy.

Perhaps this is an optical delusion or perhaps the level thing just doesn't apply to Bushtec. Has anyone else observed this or should I have my glasses checked? Thanks.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Perhaps this is an optical delusion or perhaps the level thing just doesn't apply to Bushtec. Has anyone else observed this or should I have my glasses checked? Thanks.
I think you should have your "delusion" checked.....maybe it's just an illusion.;)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's an optical delusion. The lid has a rake to it which makes it look like it's lower in front. You should always check your tongue weight anyway. If you check the bottom, they're pretty close to level.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always been delusional. That's why I did'nt think it was my glasses....but ya never know. Someone could have altered the prescription when grinding the lenses. Or maybe I was abducted by aliens and my retinas were tampered with. Hmmmm.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
i've always been delusional. That's why i did'nt think it was my glasses....but ya never know. Someone could have altered the prescription when grinding the lenses. Or maybe i was abducted by aliens and my retinas were tampered with. Hmmmm.
lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
---I think alot of it is. Some of these Goldwings could use stiffer springs. There riding alittle low.:shrug: I have Progressives 460 shock. I'll run the adjuster up to #17 when we are 2up with the trailer. And my Quantum GL rides level. The ride is smooth.:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts