·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Can I get your wife to talk to my wife :D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
trailer

I took delivery on my bushtec quantum sport at the tennessee rally exactly 3 years ago. I have not regretted buying this trailer,
and would buy one again. Resale value is strong, so why not? you only go round once. I find myself taking my trailer on weekend trips, since i hate to be cramped on space, and like you said, my wife needs shopping room.
JD
:biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I looked and asked questions for three years before signing papers. Once the papers were signed and I got to pull it home. I knew I had made the right decision. It's in the process of being packed for a trip to Florida the end of this week.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Along with your wing, it's the best purchase you'll make. Give John at Bushtec a call 423-562-9900 and let him know what you want and you won't regret it.
Allen

·
Registered
626 Posts
Give your wife a big THANK YOU! she's steering you in the right direction. I've been pulling Bushtec's since 1991 wouldn't have anything else. You did good and I'll bet your going to love it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I bought my Turbo in '98 to pull behind my 1500. When I moved up to the 1800 there was no need to replace the trailer, just have it repainted as Honda changed the shade of silver. The colors looks really close in these pictures but they were a bit different.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I researched trailers for several months before making my purchase. I previously owned a CycleMate trailer because of its deminsions (my wife was handicapped and we carried an electric mobility scooter in the trailer, the CycleMate had the size I needed). My wife passed away and I sold the '96 SE along with the trailer, thinking I would not need one again.

Well, turns out I like to carry a lot of stuff when I travel, so I started looking for trailers. I compared prices, features, workmanship and ease of pulling. Initially, I was concerned about the price of the Bushtec; however, after comparing the features and workmanship I settled on the Bushtec. I have yet to find a Bushtec owner who was dissatisfied with the unit or the service they had received (go to the Bushtec site and read the forum, John usually answers the questions personally, which means a lot to me).

I called Bushtec and talked to John. I was very impressed with his style. He asked me questions about what I was looking for in a trailer and did not try to oversell me. He went over the details several times to ensure I knew exactly what I was getting.

I picked up my trailer during Bike Week in Daytona. They did the install of the hitch and wiring ahead of my appointment time, in less time than expected and made sure the bike was properly put back together and clean. They went over the unit several times to ensure that I understood all the components and how they worked.

I am extremely pleased with the trailer, the way it handles, and especially the service I received. It is very nice to do business with people who honestly appreciate you and treat you right!

I don't think you can go wrong with a Bushtec...

Michael

·
Registered
324 Posts
Go for it. I have a 2003 Turbo II that I bought last fall and pulled several times. I love the way it pulls and handles behind my 1800. Just had my 1800 Triked and hoping it still does as well behind it. Bushtec is the only way to go. Not that there aren't other good trailers out there, but you won't go wrong with a Bushtec.

·
Registered
230 Posts
1991 turbo

I have been pulling a 1991 Bustec turbo since June of 91 and have had no problems.It tows great,I have to remember it's there.I had it painted Candy red to match my 03 1800.Plan to have it till I stop riding. You will not be sorry.Quality costs a bit more but its worth it in the end .Jim

·
Registered
264 Posts
Don't have one.....YET, but after looking at a number of manufacturers and comparing features, a new Bushtec will soon be coming our way. My wife was very happy with the decision, she can take more clothes, more shoes and like JD wrote:
my wife needs shopping room.
For those that need to sell the wife on a trailer, utilize the three reasons listed, especially the shopping one, it'll sell them in a heartbeat. Although last year my wife finally figured out that even though she couldn't buy "big" or fragile items and pack them on the bike, she could buy little stuff like jewelry, and most stores offer shipping services nowadays, so she could really buy anything she wanted and have it sent to the house.

·
Registered
882 Posts
If you can work the trip into your schedule go to the factory to pick it up. When I bought mine in '98 it would have cost me about $285 to have it crated and shipped. I shipped my camping gear to Bushtec so I would have it for the trip home. 2 days to Bushtec and 6 to get back home. Along with picking up the trailer you can have a tour of the plant if you want. I was back in the area last summer so stopped by and had a tour of their newly expanded plant. Quit impressive. They are the most hospitable people.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I really DON'T think you should get a Bushtec.
Competition brings down prices, or at least keeps
prices level, and I will ONLY buy a Bushtec :D

I like the fact the larger wheel rotates less. The air
shocks don't let it bounce. I can honestly say I do
not know it is there behind my 1800.

I bought our Turbo II last fall at the Wings Over The
Smokies. We toured their plant last summer during
the Honda Hoot.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
My wife and I are doing some traveling this summer . Our grand kids are in Smyrna Tn south of Nashvile..... our son is there too. ;)

Hmmmmm

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have a 1984 +/- original very short model Bushtec that I bought used in about 1986. The only problem I have had in many miles and many trips is that the trailer is too short for my golf clubs. This is important now that I'm retired.
If the moon fell on my old Bushtec I would take a very close look at the Champion in Huntington Beach, Calif. The length better fits my current needs plus I really like the looks. I could pick it up in LA and save on shipping. Style is a very personal thing I know, but the Champion sure looks nice with matching paint behind an 1800.
If the moon stays put, I'll keep the Bushtec and drive the truck to the golf course.

·
Registered
21 Posts
trailer

I don't pull a trailer anymore, the last trailer I had was a Bushtec, If I ever bought another trailer it would be an Escapade (speling) ? The thing I don't like about the Bushtec is the air shocks, anytime you increase or decrease your load you have to change you air pressure or you tires will be either bowed in or out. And then the tires start to wear out fast. And price a set of replacement tires from John Preston, they are not cheap. That's only my thought on the matter, I know Bushtec has a lot of very satisified customers or they would not be as big as they are.

·
Registered
348 Posts
TIre Life is not a real problem

According to John with proper filling of the air shocks tires are known to last over 100,000 miles. Goldwing tire manufactures are you listening. John is a real honest person. Quality is Job 1. Pride in his product is his motto.

I have got to talk to John at a number of shows haven't purchased a trailer yet just don't have the green stamps. And they quit givein those out long time ago.
But no doubts that John has the best product on the market.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts