GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just finished the Bushtec V2 Hitch install on my '06 GW. Here is my report. I was somewhat concerned when I found the instruction sheets did not include any graphics. :( I was able to find this website with pictures on the install: 8) http://mysite.verizon.net/res8tr14/bush ... index.html

So I studied that site several times prior to install and that helped. But I found out that the instructions were very well written and easy to follow even without graphics. :eek: Also, the components were quality made and easy to assemble following the instructions provided. Everything went together without a hitch (no pun intended). :D I had no problem with the sub frame moving when removing either the upper or the lower bolts. :) I purchased the deluxe kit with electrical (an EC kit) and mudflap. I installed the mudflap but not the electrical as I am expecting today a Pakit Rak for the Bushtec and will not need the trailer for some time. I will install the electrical later. The mudflap required modest trimming with a pair of dikes to fit the mudflap bracket.

In summary, the hitch, ball carrier, ball and mudflap were quality pieces that were very easy to install. I would recommend. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,678 Posts
Thanks for the report and the link...I got my Bushtec V2 last week and my Pakit Rak this week...the install will be sometime in November for me (winter project)...again thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I just installed a Bushtec V2 on my 2006 last week. It took me quite a bit of time to do since I had no helper. I went wth the same picture install except for where he and bushtec said to remove the muffler bolts. I left them all alone and had no trouble getting everything installed. It would have made it easier if I had a helper to guide the braces down from the top. I did have to use a prybar to line the saddlebag hole back up. What took me so long was I had a bolt that came out of the the cover behind the passenger footboard that was cross threaded and gauled up the bolt. I was barely able to get it out. Luckily there was enough metal left that when I re-tapped the hole the bolt went in and snugged up. So I re-tapped all the holes and bolts before I installed them. Hope your install goes better!
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top