GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used Bushtec V2 Hitch, It was missing the nuts bolts ETC (they were left on old bike during trike conversion) no big deal. I will be picking up new bolts washers and nuts from a local fastener dealer. Problem is the five Blue Butt Connectors and the two 3/8” Strut Spacers. Could someone send me a pictur or dimensions of the strut spacers so I can purchase something similar or have one manufactured. Also could someone send a pic of what the Blue Butt Connectors look like.
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Here's a thought....give Bushtec a call, explain your situation and ask them if they would sell you the complete hardware kit that contains everything you need to install the hitch correctly. There is no sense in taking a chance and installing the hitch the least bit incorrectly and causing possible damage to the bike or yourself. It's just not worth the risk.

And for reference, here is the installation instructions from Bushtec:
http://www.bushtec.com/fckimages/Ho...llation-Guide-Bushtec-Motorcycle-Trailers.pdf

And here is one of our members installation instructions which has pictures and goes into a little more detail:
http://myplace.frontier.com/~kipdoran/bushtecv2trailerhitch/index.html

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
1/2 OD black iron pipe 1/2 long will work. The connectors are for the wiring harness, I'd just buy a plug & play isolator harness from Show Chrome, no connectors needed.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If you want to duplicate the spacers exactly as they come from Bushtec, go to Lowes and buy a piece of 3/8 brass pipe and cut it with a tubing cutter 3/8 wide. I have never found 3/8 black pipe if it is even made. I agree on the connectors, a wiring isolator harness will have the proper connectors so you wont have to use the butt connectors.

J S

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the replies, I'll be doing that on Monday when I go to work.
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts