GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the size of the receiver portion (square tube) of the Bushtec V2 Hitch?

The hitch is on order. I am going to build a rack and would like to know the inside dimensions of the square tube.

Also, do you need exhaust turn downs or does a rack sit above the exhaust?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
pm sent.

·
Registered
353 Posts
1 1/4 is the size, havent got to try mine yet as far as the turndowns

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Homemade cooler platform for Bushtec hitch...

What is the size of the receiver portion (square tube) of the Bushtec V2 Hitch?

The hitch is on order. I am going to build a rack and would like to know the inside dimensions of the square tube.

Also, do you need exhaust turn downs or does a rack sit above the exhaust?
I built one for my Bushtec hitch also. While I used 1-1/4" square tubing, I found that Bushtec in their manufacturing had to grind down two sides if the square of the ball mount to get it into the hitch. I used a 3" (there 'bouts) flex-disk grinding wheel to take off a visible amount of material on the two sides. Not enough to weaken it but still enough to see some was removed.
When your hitch arrives, take a look at the ball mounts square tubing from the square end view, you'll see what I mean. The corner of the two sides you'll see is sharper than the other three corners.

Also, check this site for installation pics.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res8tr14/bushtecv2trailerhitch/index.html
(thanks to Jolly Jim and Bartman):bow:
Larry

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
The cruiser, nice pics and nice install. That is way above my head and i would certainly need someone who has installed one to be able to do it. I donot have the patience nor would i think i have the skill to do that on my own.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I built one for my Bushtec hitch also. While I used 1-1/4" square tubing, I found that Bushtec in their manufacturing had to grind down two sides if the square of the ball mount to get it into the hitch. I used a 3" (there 'bouts) flex-disk grinding wheel to take off a visible amount of material on the two sides. Not enough to weaken it but still enough to see some was removed.
When your hitch arrives, take a look at the ball mounts square tubing from the square end view, you'll see what I mean. The corner of the two sides you'll see is sharper than the other three corners.

Also, check this site for installation pics.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res8tr14/bushtecv2trailerhitch/index.html
(thanks to Jolly Jim and Bartman):bow:
Larry

That link has good pictures of installing the V2 the hard way.

The simple way is to (NOT TOUCH) the muffler bolts and only install one arm at a time. Much easyer then as shown in the link!

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
That link has good pictures of installing the V2 the hard way.

The simple way is to (NOT TOUCH) the muffler bolts and only install one arm at a time. Much easyer then as shown in the link!
So I've heard.
I thought when I get to installing mine I'd look into that.
So far, I don't understand why the muffler bolts need to be removed (or loosened) at all. I thought I'd see that when I actually did the job.
Larry

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hitch Question???

The Bustech V2 hitch I bought comes with either a Bushtec Hitch Pin and Stainless Steel Lock or a 1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel ball.

What reasons would you suggest for each??

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Bustech V2 hitch I bought comes with either a Bushtec Hitch Pin and Stainless Steel Lock or a 1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel ball.
The Hitch Pin is for a Bushtec trailer.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slow on Delivery....A good thing....

Because the delivery of this item is slow I was able to change it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts