GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike home from the dealer where I paid through the nose to have my Bushtec hitch installed and the electrics don't work properly. The only way I can get the lights on the trailer to function is to turn on the dome light inside the trailer! Does anyone know what wires got crossed to cause this to happen? I will take the bike back to the dealer tomorrow and I thought I might get ahead of them before I go in.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Chris,

I would be back at the Dealers and let them figure it out.

How can you trust the install at all?

Bulldog

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, took the bike back to DFW Honda and they fixed the wiring. Before I left the dealership, I noticed the exhaust trim just underneath the kickstand was not aligned to the exhaust pipe. Guess he had to remove that to install the hitch. Anyway, it was REALLY out of alignment. So I had them fix that as well.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Just my note on hitch install. I DID NOT have to loosen or move the exhaust to install the hitch. The instructions tell you to do so, but after carefully working with the hitch mounting bolts, no exhaust removal was necessary. Just take a few extra minutes.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I got home, I noticed that the LEFT side exhaust trim was not re-installed properly either! I am not taking the bike back, I will fix it myself. The mechanic obviously had never worked on a Wing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts