GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently while riding my trike I had the occasion to provide my driver’s license to someone who asked to see it. Over the course of some small talk about posted signs, numbers, MPH, and other complicated subject matter that I will not bother to bore you with, this fine young man unexpectantly broke out in laughter. Ruling out the fact that I did not have on my “I did not get run over by a train tee shirt”, or my “I am only in it for the free parking shirt” I was at a loss as to what would make this fellow laugh, so, I asked him.

He said that while reviewing all my information, he was struck by the fact that I was listed as 6’2” in the height section. I, with the straightest of faces replied, “but it’s true.” Well, we exchanged a few pleasantries and he handed back my licenses and suggested that slow down just a bit. I assured him that I had every intention of working on a solution for the foot brake, and off he went.

Knowing how many here who have met me, consider me a shy, somewhat bashful, reserved, honest type guy, I felt it important that I clearly demonstrate that what is reported on my license is in fact true and here is the proof. Just like pictures add 20 lbs., I just look shorter in my photo. When you meet me, you will find this tall, thin, distinguished, and handsome man, who will gladly put a handshake on ya.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Handsome? Now you're really stretching the truth. :joke:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
OK, I'l admit at bike week you did seem tall (larger in person) and I was glad to meet ya !!!:thumbup: alan

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Well Wheels I heard thru the grape vine that you have company coming next weekend so I think you better staighten up LOL He's a tough guy from the state of N.Y. I hear and can be a mean ol bear if he wants to LOL. Anyway enjoy the weekend and maybe keep him away from the nice police officers he doesn't play nice with them LMAO :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I'm glad you finally fessed up. I have a hard time trying to explain to people what I mean when I say "I look up to Wheels".

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Good story! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Recently while riding my trike I had the occasion to provide my driver’s license to someone who asked to see it. Over the course of some small talk about posted signs, numbers, MPH, and other complicated subject matter that I will not bother to bore you with, this fine young man unexpectantly broke out in laughter. Ruling out the fact that I did not have on my “I did not get run over by a train tee shirt”, or my “I am only in it for the free parking shirt” I was at a loss as to what would make this fellow laugh, so, I asked him.

He said that while reviewing all my information, he was struck by the fact that I was listed as 6’2” in the height section. I, with the straightest of faces replied, “but it’s true.” Well, we exchanged a few pleasantries and he handed back my licenses and suggested that slow down just a bit. I assured him that I had every intention of working on a solution for the foot brake, and off he went.

Knowing how many here who have met me, consider me a shy, somewhat bashful, reserved, honest type guy, I felt it important that I clearly demonstrate that what is reported on my license is in fact true and here is the proof. Just like pictures add 20 lbs., I just look shorter in my photo. When you meet me, you will find this tall, thin, distinguished, and handsome man, who will gladly put a handshake on ya.

Very funny story but there are a couple of things that i believe are not quite true:

1. Tall, you are one of the tallest men I know but you still need a step ladder to kiss a elephants butt.

2.Thin!!! I saw the way you eat in WV. Now I know you didn't feel very well and would hate to see how much you could eat when you are well. You almost need duals on the trike.

3. Distinguished, You should use the word criminal looking, after all you are the leader of a mob.

4. Handsome, Only if you would shave that brush off your face and even then I would not want to sleep with you.

5. After careful concederation If I was that cop I would have give you the ticket anyhow for having a fake drivers license (6'-2") give me a break.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You lucked out...

Mugshots make you look shorter...

Don't ask me how I know. :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
RU kidding?

Ok. The handshake is true. Tall? I'd say you ride as tall as anyone. Good looking? Maybe a better view than the #3 dog on a sled team gets. And a gentleman, well you did behave yourself while in WV. I'm sure that not feeling well caused that.
Congrats on the stern talking to from the LEO.
Ride safe and we will see you again.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Great One Wheels!

In meeting you at WD this year I would have sworn you were at least 6" 4" could your license be incorrect?

Regards,
He was at least 6'2" at wing ding until he got that pain therapy machine. He told the rep there that he thought he stayed on it too long.

·
Registered
664 Posts

Wheels, the picture says it all but, it does look like you might be 6'-2 1/2" from where the hat hits the measuring stick! :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Jim, why do I think there may just be some "dramatic license" used in your writing........ oh that's right, I have met you and I will leave it at that.:cool:;):doorag:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts