GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY!! Friday I rode down I-75 to Monroe, OH from Center Line, MI and picked up our new UNI-GO trailer from the factory. 252 miles each way in cool ( 41 F ) to nice ( 70 F ) and back to cool weather. I didn’t notice much difference in the ride back except for some occasional rocking side to side when passing the semi trucks. Not sure if it was caused by the additional sail area of the Uni-Go and its single wheel or just my sloppy riding ability. I am interested to see if the rocking is noticeable or not when I load the Uni-Go for a trip as my return from the factory I was running empty. I had ordered the trailer the end of August and it was told to expect delivery the end of September but it took an extra 5 weeks before I got the phone call saying it was ready. The delay was not a major problem for us as we had no long trips planned but for those of you considering the purchase of a new Uni-Go best to tack on another 4 – 6 weeks to their expect delivery date. The factory has moved to a new location which explains some of the delay. They have a nice place with a number of completed trailers, partially completed, and lots of parts. I had ours painted titanium to match the bike and the fit and finish looked very good. My impression of the operation is that they have a quality product but they are understaffed. They are knowledgeable about their product and will take the time to help correct any problems that may crop up. If you want one order early and be patient. They are not real good at returning phone calls so just keep trying. Once you get a real live person on the phone they glad to help you. This is going to be a LONG winter just waiting for the first real trip with this new toy.
Ride Safe
Ken

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Looks great! I didn't know they opened in my neck of the woods.
I'll have to look them up on their website and see just where they are.
Thanks for the post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.