GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used a RAM Ball Mount to install their Butler Cup?

Thanks
Don Saenz
Sanger, TX

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Not me! Where are you thinking to mount? Just curious!

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I mounted mine on the left handle-bar, using the supplied bolts thru the clutch reservoir.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I have mine Ram mounted and I'm not impressed! I didn't like the original mount flopping around so I went to the Ram. It's hard to get the Ram tight enough to keep from moving and to me it offers no advantage

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have mine ram mounted also. You have to get the arm tight and may have to check it from time to time but it works great. I think the key is to use the shortest arm possible and I have my ram arm in a vertical position rather then an outward one. Seems to work better.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ram Mount

I am wanting to mount mine the same as Daveo but on the left bar.

I want to keep the cup and the GPS on the same side.

Daveo can you give me any other pics or some additional details on your mounting?

Thanks
Don Saenz
Sanger, TX

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Ok, here it is without the drink cup holder. I removed it for clarity.

A better view from above:

All I did was get 2 - 65mm M6 x 1 hex head screws from my honda shop. I screwed them in with two washers (one top and one bottom) to space the butler cup mount slightly away from the ram mount. Everything went on tight, and I'm very pleased with it's performance.

Edit: Here's one more picture:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was confused. I thought you wanted to ram mount it like this:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was confused. I thought you wanted to ram mount it like this:

No I think you are right!......I think he was looking for one that has the ram mount with ball...........I have one and I think it is great for fast removal and a cleaner look for when the butler is not in use.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dumb question...where do you get or how did you make the cup holder with the ball mount attached. All the ones I see on their web site bolt to something I don't see a ball mount option for sale

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Dumb question...where do you get or how did you make the cup holder with the ball mount attached. All the ones I see on their web site bolt to something I don't see a ball mount option for sale
Jon has the Ram Ball and the bolt it takes to make the conversion.

·
Registered
454 Posts
JUST BUY A RAM BALL AND ATTACH IT TO THE CUPHOLDER / I HAVE ALL MY BIKES WITH RAM MOUNTS SO I CAN INTERCHANGE EVERYTHING

AND YOU CAN SEE MY BUTLER CUP ON THE RIGHT SIDE HANDLEBAR / EVERYTHING I HAVE ON BOTH BIKES IS RAM ATTACHED

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I need to come up with something like that for the passenger. I LOVE ram mounts!

Any ideas?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts