GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the two Butler cups, I have a drink holder and want to see if one of them will fit. I believe the cups are tapered from top to bottom and I need both of those measurements, what it is at the bottom and at the top. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the two Butler cups, I have a drink holder and want to see if one of them will fit. I believe the cups are tapered from top to bottom and I need both of those measurements, what it is at the bottom and at the top. Thanks.
The large size (34 oz) has a slight taper to the sides. It is 4" dia at the bottom and 4.5" at the top. Someone else will have to help you with the 20 oz cup.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I live in AZ. The 20oz isn't big enough to even get you out of your driveway! :) I have two of the 34oz mounted on my bike.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The 20oz is 3.5" on the bottom, and 4" at the top. They are Aladdin brand insulated travel mugs that are near impossible to find anymore, but I am pretty sure the Thermo-Serv brand is a direct copy:
http://www.amazon.com/ThermoServ-Foam-Insulated-Coffee-Black/dp/B003N9MQCK

The special lids and straws are only available from Glass Act though.

Edit: I just looked at their website and they are indeed Thermo-Serv mugs now, mine are 10 years old and are made by Aladdin.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy's, I had a buddy that made me some drink holders that I integrated with some ram mounts and I am trying to find a cup to go in it but these are to big. My inside measurement is 3 3/8".I don't need a huge cup since the boss likes to take frequent stops. I will post some pics once I have it worked out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I love my 34 oz Butler mug, but wish it was better insulated. Ice doesn't last near as long as in some of my stainless insulated mugs, but none of them have the mount and are big enough. Not a real problem, just a minor desire!;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I just mounted a 34 oz. Butler cup on the left handlebar. Geeze, it takes up half the cockpit area. I'm going to mount it on the right side so I don't have to torque my arm around to hit the display buttons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts