GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the mug with the factory provided set up, but would like to convert it over to a Ram mount. Does it take a standard ball attached to the Butler ring, or is there more to it? I added Jon's GPS mount so I have the handle bar mount end, but need to deal with the ring end. TIA

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You can use the butler mount and the ram mount if you get M6x1x65mm cap screw. I got a pair from the Honda dealer for 1.35 each. They looked exactly like the Butler hardware. If your using the 34oz cup I think you'd be happier with the stability of the thing.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
You can adapt the cup holder to add a RAM ball by simply installing a SS 1/4-20 x 1 1/4" bolt to the inside of the cup yoke and then screwing a RAM-B-309-3 ball onto it.

Now you can use a standard RAM arm to attach it wherever you have a mounting ball installed...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Jon, will this type of setup keep the cup stable enough? Or will it droop from the weight of the liquid as you ride down the road?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Jon, will this type of setup keep the cup stable enough? Or will it droop from the weight of the liquid as you ride down the road?
I have that same setup and have no problems. I do have the smaller cup.

Hector

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

This is what I was talking about. I have a camera mount on the RAM and wanted to keep my butler mount because it was very heavy duty. That's a 34oz cup.

Good luck

Daveo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts