GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

quote]These handy travel mugs offer easy installation and look attractive on all bikes. Butler travel mug requires no modification to your motorcycle and does not interfere with motorcycle controls. They fit all motorcycles that use the typical two bolt clutch/brake handlebar brackets. In addition to hardware and instructions, 151-650 includes a large 34-oz mug, while 151-681 includes a small 20-oz mug. The 20-oz. passenger mug comes with hardware and instructions for several possible mounting scenarios, with or without armrests or trunk.
[/quote]

... and look attractive on all bikes.
One of these suit happy attorneys ought to go after the Butler folks for false advertising any day now.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
BLK04WNG said:
$34.99 for a mug ? :lol: :lol:
Yeah, it's still ridiculous but compared the the regular price, it's a bargain.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BLK04WNG said:
$34.99 for a mug ? :lol: :lol:
Agreed. But....

I procrastinated paying close to $50 (normal price) for a cople years. Wife bought me one for Christmas. Love it. At least most of it easily detaches. I just use it (22oz) for longer rides. The bulk of it lives in a drawer.
If I drove to work every day on my bike, I would be sipping coffee from it daily. Recommended.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Looking at the Butler setup,it looks good,but a pain in the ass if you want to get a different drink. The holder is only made for Butler cups only for what I can see or tried to carry a drink without holding on to the can drink in the holder.

So what I did, was pitched the Butler setups this past weekend ,replaced with a Tour King drink holders( pass and drivers) that will carry up to a liter drink and fold up when not used.

The cost was very,very reasonable compared to Butler products.

Also the Tour King sells half covers for bikes that are very well made that will fit into your jacket pocket when folded up as per instructions. Looking at his table at the GWRRA in Asheville,he had covers and holders for all bikes.
here is his link:
http://www.tourkingcovers.com/

Ride safe ,
edmund

·
Registered
634 Posts
JP3 said:
Thanks for the heads up.

quote]These handy travel mugs offer easy installation and look attractive on all bikes. Butler travel mug requires no modification to your motorcycle and does not interfere with motorcycle controls. They fit all motorcycles that use the typical two bolt clutch/brake handlebar brackets. In addition to hardware and instructions, 151-650 includes a large 34-oz mug, while 151-681 includes a small 20-oz mug. The 20-oz. passenger mug comes with hardware and instructions for several possible mounting scenarios, with or without armrests or trunk.

... and look attractive on all bikes.

One of these suit happy attorneys ought to go after the Butler folks for false advertising any day now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Broke me up with that one, Mr. JP3!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
hubert said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Broke me up with that one, Mr. JP3!!

Thanks!!
:lol: I agree.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I have a little fold up/fold down holder with an adjustable width clamping arms on top and a solid base. With it open, I can accomodate anything from an insulated coffee travel cup to larger bottles of water, soft drinks or Gatorade. When I'm not using it the arms fold down and the base folds up over them and out of the way.

Granted, it's only a holder and the Baker includes the insulated mug but mine works for me and it came on the bike when I bought it so the price is right, too. Besides that, the Baker deal just looks too big for my tastes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
edum43 said:
Looking at the Butler setup,it looks good,but a pain in the ass if you want to get a different drink. The holder is only made for Butler cups only for what I can see or tried to carry a drink without holding on to the can drink in the holder.
I disagree. Aladdin and other companies make insulated mugs that fit just fine. I've been using one for 5+ years and take it daily to work, whether I'm on the bike or not. I know 3 other people in the building that regularly use the same exact mug.

I've been now browsing around in convenience stores (if I'm there for another reason) to see if what Butler says is true, that you can find them anywhere. The jury's still out on that.

A buddy of mine came up with a great idea, as we ride to lunch often. If the soda cup from lunch doesn't fit the butler holder (none do), then just leave the lid off the butler mug & set the cup inside. It's fine for the 5 minute ride back to the office. Then I don't waste the free soda. I keep the original butler mug in the bike just for that reason, and take my old aladdin back & forth daily.

The only thing I don't like so far is the flat black color, I'm going to paint mine a lighter color as other people have suggested...

·
Registered
883 Posts
If the soda cup from lunch doesn't fit the butler holder (none do), then just leave the lid off the butler mug & set the cup inside. It's fine for the 5 minute ride back to the office.

I put the lid back on the soda or coffee cup, line up with the straw in the Butler lid with the holes in the soda lid, put it all back together & drink away. That way you don't get that coffee tasting water when you're using the Butler for water. Or, put a 12 oz can of soda in the 32 oz Butler, pack ice around it, put the straw through the opening in the can, no more watered down soda!

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Take a good look at what they are selling. There are no mounting bolts, etc.

That is a rip off!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Other than me, a Butler cup is the ugliest thing that's ever been on my GW.

·
Registered
552 Posts
lester said:
The only thing I don't like so far is the flat black color, I'm going to paint mine a lighter color as other people have suggested...
So what kind of paint would you reccommend. I would like to paint mine to match the bike. Is it possible to contact Butler and see if he might have mugs that match our bikes, or at least some paint. I would also like a chrome one to give to my gay friend. He has a lot of friends that are always giving him things, so I think if I could find a chrome mug, that would top all of the other gifts that he as gotten for his bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
azblackbird said:
lester said:
So what kind of paint would you reccommend. I would like to paint mine to match the bike. Is it possible to contact Butler and see if he might have mugs that match our bikes, or at least some paint. I would also like a chrome one to give to my gay friend. He has a lot of friends that are always giving him things, so I think if I could find a chrome mug, that would top all of the other gifts that he as gotten for his bike.
I've read that the Krylon Fusion spray paint for plastic works (ie, it sticks and holds well to plastics). I've also read that it works for painting your sears cargo carrier when making a homemade HF trailer.

I don't think Butler handles anything but the flat black mugs. I'm guessing they are off-the-shelf products from one of the big plastics manufacturers, as they don't have the butler logo on 'em. The only custom parts are their lids.

Search around, you can find printing companies on the net that have the right kind of mugs & custom print logos on them. They might be willing to part with un-printed stock in small quantities, I don't know.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
My Wing came with one, which i bought used-new to me! I like it and comes in handy on log trips. I however went to Wal-Mart and bought a bycycle squeeze bottle and aluminum holder for which i velcro'd and zip tied on handle bar, and works great for coke,water and gatorade bottles. It's a good $$$ saver!

A

·
0 Posts
wingman57 said:
Take a good look at what they are selling. There are no mounting bolts, etc.

That is a rip off!

Hope this helps!
Just got my Butler mug and mount in from JP Cycles. It came complete with everything that is offered on the Baker website. All hardware, bolts washers everything.

Sorry wingman57, but your information is not accurate. Maybe you should make sure your facts are correct before posting.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
They used to be made by Aladin until they were bought out. Used to be at Walmart for $15.00.

Pep Boys had them with their logo on them for about the same price. They have got to be available somewhere else at a better price.

Bradford

A

·
0 Posts
Cup and one lid are still made by Aladdin. Butler adds a lid, straw and some straw caps, plus the mounting hardware.

Yeah, the cups can be found at Walmart, K-mart if you can find one, convenience stores, and even some Dollar Stores.

I know of a store in Baton Rouge that has the cups with the LSU logo on them, so next time I am in Baton Rouge, I will have to pick up one, to display on my Yellow Wing.

An LSU cup, Tiger Tail, and a few other LSU items, and the Wing looks pretty good with the Purple and Gold (Yellow) LSU colors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have the large Butler cup. LOVE IT. Don't hesitate getting one if you would like to drink while you ride. Would not work with a full face (non-flip) helmet.

JP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts