GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying one of these and was wondering if anybody else out there already has one. My wife and daughter doesn't seem interested in the armrests and I don't mind saving the $200!! Any comments, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Enduroking

·
Registered
702 Posts
Enduroking,

We've used one of these brackets since 2001 on 3 different 1800's and it has worked great. My wife didn't care for armrests and this bracket allows her to have her Butler cup of water handy while riding.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I installed the pass butler cup past October. Great to have for my wife. I got it at the wing show at sunshine mall during biketoberfest. The only downside I can see is the 54.00 price tag for the bracket. The piece does have a nice chrome finish and I think its made in the USA, so hopefully the chrome wil last. We keep our cup in the fridge when not in use.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I mounted one of their new ones on my '03 this year. Great product. Pricey (yes) but isn't everything these days. Your passenger will love it. 8)

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've considered using the bracket. Has anyone had issues with the trunk cracking, around the bracket, due to the leverage & weight of a full 32 0z cup?

Ride Safe,

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Got a link to what you are talking about?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Have the 32oz and haven't had any problems. Better half likes it and doesn't want arm rests, says they box her in to much, claustrophobia I guess. Priced a little high but does the job.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just go to www.glassact.com main page and they have a link from there. I've been planning on getting this for some time, just haven't gotten around to it yet!!

Enduroking

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Have one, no problems, wife loves it. Is a little pricey, but bracket is chrome plated brass which won't rust even if you scratch it. Get what you pay for and In my opinion worth it. Handles Deal's gap well also. LOL

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Sleddog said:
I've considered using the bracket. Has anyone had issues with the trunk cracking, around the bracket, due to the leverage & weight of a full 32 0z cup?

Ride Safe,
The "experts" have been predicting trunk cracks from mounting armrests and such to the trunk ever since the bike came out and I haven't heard of one single problem. The metal support in the trunk does its job.

FWIW, My wife did not want armrests either, but now that she has them, she would be upset if I took them off. Since that bracket is not cheap, the money would be better spent towards the armrests.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Jack D said:
$100 for a cup holder??!! Makes a pet rock look like a good investment.
$100 for a product that works is a lot better than $20 for one that doesn't.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Did anyone notice that good looking yellow Goldwing that was hooked to the Butler Cup? Wait,....why yes that is my bike. Yes it's my bike in the pics. You just never know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts