GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
If you have an accident in which you need an airbag, but you had the chance to get one and didn't what will be going through your mind just before you hit?
Hard to say what would be going through my mind, but I doubt it would be questioning what level of motorcycle I was on and weather it may have protected me or not. More likely the thing going through my mind would be what do I do to get myself out of this situation, or wishing I was on a train instead of a bike.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Hard to say what would be going through my mind, but I doubt it would be questioning what level of motorcycle I was on and weather it may have protected me or not. More likely the thing going through my mind would be what do I do to get myself out of this situation, or wishing I was on a train instead of a bike.
I'd rather be on a train that had an airbag.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Years ago (as in many, many years ago) I paid for a good bit of my college expenses by buying broken VW's with problems, fixing them and then reselling them. I probably did this with about 300-400 VW's over the course of my education. The pattern I could count on was: For every ten phone calls I got, that were answering the ad I had placed in the paper, that said they would come to look at the car . . . only one person would actually show up. Then, for every ten that showed up, there would be just one buyer. With the internet, eBay, Craig's List and the like; now so much easier for folks to "shop", I'd imagine that these 10:1 ratios have been significantly eclipsed.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Years ago (as in many, many years ago) I paid for a good bit of my college expenses by buying broken VW's with problems, fixing them and then reselling them. I probably did this with about 300-400 VW's over the course of my education. The pattern I could count on was: For every ten phone calls I got, that were answering the ad I had placed in the paper, that said they would come to look at the car . . . only one person would actually show up. Then, for every ten that showed up, there would be just one buyer. With the internet, eBay, Craig's List and the like; now so much easier for folks to "shop", I'd imagine that these 10:1 ratios have been significantly eclipsed.
Nice story.

Ratios eclipsed in which direction do you think? More inquiries per person showing up or fewer?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Air bag complicates maintenance and a lot of time doesn't work correctly, hence 6 billion recalled. ABS complicates maintenance and although not recalled a frequent problem area. Two things I just love to not have on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Air bag complicates maintenance and a lot of time doesn't work correctly, hence 6 billion recalled. ABS complicates maintenance and although not recalled a frequent problem area. Two things I just love to not have on a motorcycle.
???I believe that says it all

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For the added measure of safety, I went with an air bag

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
There are many other areas of life that would benefit from your analytical skills.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts