GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife was shopping on an Internet site and got her order all but complete when she realized she had a money-off coupon. So she went back and entered the coupon code. After doing that and proceeding to check-out she discovered that each item had $2.00 added to it and, additionally, the shipping cost increased. All the additional charges far exceeded the value of the coupon.

I don't know of any motorcycle businesses doing this, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye open for it.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Wife was shopping on an Internet site and got her order all but complete when she realized she had a money-off coupon. So she went back and entered the coupon code. After doing that and proceeding to check-out she discovered that each item had $2.00 added to it and, additionally, the shipping cost increased. All the additional charges far exceeded the value of the coupon.

I don't know of any motorcycle businesses doing this, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye open for it.
That happens on some sites, even if you don't attmpt to purchase an item. The second time you look at an item the price goes up. I think there was a discussion on this board about that practice.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
beware

Ok, someone has to ask and it might as well be me.
What was the name of the site you are referring to?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That happens on some sites, even if you don't attmpt to purchase an item. The second time you look at an item the price goes up. I think there was a discussion on this board about that practice.
If you notice that they are doing that, delete the 'cookies' in your computer then go back and make the purchase. That way it won't know that you were previously there! (tools/internet options/Browsing history/delete)

:thumbup:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, someone has to ask and it might as well be me.
What was the name of the site you are referring to?
Good question and I don't have an answer...wife is not home.

If you notice that they are doing that, delete the 'cookies' in your computer then go back and make the purchase. That way it won't know that you were previously there! (tools/internet options/Browsing history/delete):thumbup:
Good point. I didn't think of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts