GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK fellas I'm gonna take the plunge.
"Get feet Wet" has a factory Refurbished 2610 at my price range.
Now.......
What do I need to buy to get it mounted to the left side of the handlebar on my1800?
A RAM mount.......... I have that much in my squash...The kind that mounts where the two bolts go through the left reservoir by the clutch handle.
Do I need to order something from "Get Feet Wet" that mounts to the 2610 or can I get everything I need from a supplier who is represented on these boards?
What about a speaker?
Does the 2610 come with one built in or is it up to me to have a heart attack as I try to figure out how to get the unit plugged into my bike speaker system?
Got me figured yet?
I don’t do well when it comes to electronics... God forbid I should attempt to take anything apart on my bike to wire an accessory!!
I have a cigarette lighter plug in the left pocket. I figure that is how I am gonna power the unit. I like the idea of having it on a RAM mount on the left reservoir so forget trying to talk me into drilling holes in my dash to mount it there. I don’t care if it would be easier to see the unit. I am NOT gonna attack my bike with power tools. Besides…… I could NEVER get the freaking windshield off to drill holes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
gpscity is a good place to get the ram stuff , like anything else you have to shop around . I use the double ball that goes on cluch clamp many like the reservoir mount . Some like the ram cradle . I uas the cradle that comes in the gramin motorcycle mounting kit it has the power cable & plug for audio in kit . There is a way to go from the audio plug to the mp3 plug in left pocket . I don't know now to do it . You said you have socket in left pocket , you could get an extension and use the speaker that comes with 2610 not water proof and may not be able to here at speed . I use a kenedy single set, but that sounds like more work than you wont to do.there are many ways to do this grasshopper one has to seek the wisdon to pick the one he likes best :lol: You should get many post on this one and a search will get many more .

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just to make myself clear on the speaker the 2610 comes with car power plug that has a small speaker bult into it works great in car . Another thought someone here uses a speaker on their handle bares . They got it at a boat place . If I find the post I'll put up the link the search here is a little hard to use sometimes .

·
Registered
741 Posts
The Single Cell Set is very easy to install. It takes care of power, audio input, and is fused to protect it. The sound comes through the I-com to your helmet and auto mutes whatever else you have on.

You can get the set for about $120 from any Kennedy distributor. Jon is on this board.

If you need help you can ask this board. I just did mine and I am not the brightest bulb. Good luck, Roy Oh, by the way, you can get the ram mount set up for about $40 from Jon or several other places. Roy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts