GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am thinging about buying a cb radio for my 1800. It seems like i have read somewhere that it is important which serial number is on the C.B. radio. because some have been returned and fixed then sold again for new. maybe i am crazy i don't know but thought i would ask first

thanks terry

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Terry;

I just added a posting to your request on the general board topic. In regard to the numbers; well, I dunno. Hal promises that all of his are NEW and of the NEW generation of Honda CB's so there should be no problems. He had mine deilvered in less than 2 days. I recommend you consider the Sierra Electronics antenna with splitter.

The install is pretty easy, but a lot of Tupperware. I did not remove the trunk or rear fender and the hole for the CB cables in the new rubber fitting was easily cut with a zip bit on a Dremel and rounded out with the Dremel drum sander because Honda embossed the trunk face with the hole outline. If your front wire connector is as exposed as mine was, then the top cover would not have to be removed either, just lift it up a bit and plug in. But I removed it to inspect and adjust the cruise control to get rid of the "set delay". That is coverd in the shop manual. Did rear speakers at same time and cleaned and inspected all connections too. Took about 4 hours total, but I am slow and methodical. Get your radio from Hal and then no worry.

prs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts