GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an item from a member of this board that was advertised on the board as working.
When I went to fit it this weekend it does not work so I am now $300 out of pocket.
It is bad enough buying a used item that does not work but to be taken by a fellow winger is not on.
I will not buy used items again from this borad.

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
There is probably a hundred different reasons why a sale can go bad and many of them are not due to intentionally misleading the buyer. Have you tried to contact the seller to get the problem solved?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I would contact the seller and see if he/she will take the item back with a full refund.

If not and the sale was with less than the best intentions, then I would post and let everyone know who this person is and what happened.

Sorry for the problem but hope you both can come to a satisfactory conclusion.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seller has not replied yet but it is the holidays.I await a reply & will take the necessary steps to recover losses.

·
Registered
624 Posts
kevin burton said:
I bought an item from a member of this board that was advertised on the board as working.
When I went to fit it this weekend it does not work so I am now $300 out of pocket.
It is bad enough buying a used item that does not work but to be taken by a fellow winger is not on.
What is the purpose of your post?

Do you think there is a conspiracy among the members of this board to defraud you of your $300?

Do you think that the members of this board have some magical power over the seller to shame him into refunding your money?

By your own words, you agree that the seller hasn't had time to reply to your issue.

Wow! :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the purpose of your post?
to inform members faulty goods were sold as working

Do you think there is a conspiracy among the members of this board to defraud you of your $300?
no

Do you think that the members of this board have some magical power over the seller to shame him into refunding your money?
no

By your own words, you agree that the seller hasn't had time to reply to your issue.
yes that is the case & is why they have not been named yet.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Polite exchange would dictate waiting until there is actually a breach wouldn't it??
If it was someone here, I wouldn't think it would be intentional.. I've bought and sold many items here and have had nothing but great experiances.. I hope it's something simple and all turns out well..

·
Registered
624 Posts
I guess that I just totally miss the point here.

There is absolutely no requirement for membership to this board and posting a classified, other than having access to the internet. To think that by buying something through the classifieds on this board reflects in some way on Goldwing riders or Honda owners or human beings in general is so naive as to not even merit a response.

There's two sides to every transaction. Deal with the seller. Then, if you're not satisfied, come back here and flame the hell out of him/her if that makes you feel better. But, to assume you were safe from making a bad transaction because you bought from a member of this board is as silly as crying about it in public, IMO. :D

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I'm thining about buying a Corona from CJ's cart at Cats Cade, but want to make sure the product works before I part with my cash.

H

·
0 Posts
twyn said:
I'm thining about buying a Corona from CJ's cart at Cats Cade, but want to make sure the product works before I part with my cash.
CJ's beer doesn't have date codes. Beware.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

It's that "Fruity Beer from the U.P." Things are always cold up there, CJs lookin' to share in his bargains. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
HIJACK ALERT

******* Dave, your avatar brings a smile to my face, I wonder how many will recognize it?

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Would that be Fritz the Cat? If so, been a while since I saw that movie.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
twyn said:
I wouldn't give him anything for a beer. It's FREE !!

.........you just need to give him all of your old Chrome.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The first thing i check is the number of posts and the date they became a member. If it appears they juyst joined to hock their wares then i don't even bother.

I figure that anyone that has been around here and participated in this community then they will do the right thing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thank god someone did hi-jack it, it was going down in flames anyway, I was almost going to start a donation for the poor guy who's out 300. .... wait, we don't know that yet though do we? :cop2: :cus:

·
Registered
320 Posts
kevin burton said:
Hate to say it but buyer beware......for $300 I would have asked a local board member to go check out the part or item before sending the green backs.
I too have purchased and sold a quite few items on this board and have never had any negative experiences
I'm sorry you did...but crying about it on this board just makes you look more the fool.....

Just my .02

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Some of you guys are pretty thin skinned. I think that the guy came here to vent among friends, and you guys cop an attitude. The guy doesn't look foolish and he has a right to vent. Your mothers should have taught you that if you can't something nice, then don't say anything at all. Why all the negativity?? I got ripped off once by a frequent poster, but knew in advance that it wouldn't pay to mention it. Let this poor guy vent

1 - 20 of 58 Posts