GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the never dying thread a few weeks ago about a deal that went bad for a seat or backrest or some other part, I wanted to relay my latest buy.
I saw a post for some used parts, a lower cowl caught my eye. Offered by Chris from Christ-Co. Sent him an IM and he returned my call. We played phone tag once or twice but I managed to get him on the line. Asked him how much shipping would be, he gave me a price and I told him it would work for me. A brief discussion on what would be the best form of payment for him and we settled on a check.
No muss, no fuss. I have bought and sold off the board many times. Never had a problem. It was a pleasure talking w/ Chris and making a quick, fast, and painless deal.
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree, most transactions on this board go as planned. I've made several purchases for (and including) the Wing. There can be occasional bumps in the road, but 99+% are completed just fine. Try getting those kind of numbers out of Craigslist or Ebay.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
i've sold a LOT of tools on this board and not even one deal went bad, most folks are way more than willing to go out of thier way to get things rite
i have also bought a bunch of small items from the board classifieds and everyone of those deals turned out great

THANKS Bob for starting this thread !

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
some people just seem to have problems, no matter what they do

i buy and sell on the net and the board constrantly

a couple small issues here and there

but nothing that matters much

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I,too have bought and sold many, many items on this board and have never had a deal go bad.

I have shipped a couple of items that had taken a little longer to arrive and that is the reason because we have to depend on others, doing the shipping.

As for all the members I have dealt with, all have been courteous and understanding. I couldn't ask for better folks to deal with.

Thanks to all those that I have and will do business with before and in the coming years.

My word is "MY BOND." I treat others as I would like to be treated.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Me 2....Bought and sold w/o any problems. I trust folks to do the right thing and I too will ship before I get paid.

There is a wealth of knowledge here that goes along with good people. I'm honored to be associated with this outfit. :bow:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have sold to a member on this board and had no problem at all.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've purchased a number of items from folks on this board and have never had any problems at all. Everything was always as described and shipping was always very fast.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bet that I've bought and sold more than 50 items off Hal's VTX, and
M109 boards over the years, and haven't had a bad transaction yet.

Still a newbie on the Goldwing Board, so no transactions here.

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
I have sold many items on the board always taking a check. No problems. 99.999999999999999% of the people who might purchase or sell to you are honest from this board.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Y'll have to consider the folks you're dealin with on this here board. We're ALL above average intelligence (read rocket scientists) happy, honest, fun lovin, pretty - ya, Pretty, non-confrontational, witty, willing to give the shirts off our backs and, did I mention, Pretty?

Now, those folks over on the Harley Boards . . . Now, there's a crowd I would expect would have all kinds of problems :twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
never had a problem

I've never had a problem, altho i am leery of someone selling something
and i notice he has only made 1 post, and this is it?

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I have also sold and purchased items from our Classifieds...NEVER any issue that could not be resolved! In fact, this is the first place I offer an item for sale...also where I look before evilbay...nice thread, thank for posting!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Never had a problem on this 4 sale board.:thumbup:

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
I too, have great success buying from other members on this board. That does say alot about the quality of the folks who are on here. In my thinking, one would have to come up with a pretty good scam to cheat another member with having the outcome of having to never return to the board. Meaning...great people, great forum!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts