GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you notice a buzzing in your foot pegs. Mainly on mine its riding along or when I am lite or hard on throttle. It tickles my feet at times. I have had my 08 since new, it now has 18,000 miles on it and I just dont recall if its always done it or it started awhile back when I seemed to notice it. It did it with old tires and still has it there with the new tires and centramatics, so I am thinking its not tires-something else maybe or is it normal? Thanks for any input---Mike

·
Registered
342 Posts
Based on several tens of thounds of miles on my personal bike....no vibrations in the pegs at all. None, zip, nada. Can't recall any such vibrations on any other wing I've ridden either.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I haven’t noticed any buzzing on the pegs. You seem to have covered off the wheels. To double check try putting it on the centre stand and running the engine at your cruising revs and see if you can feel the buzzing.

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
Are the pegs OEM? Start with the basics ... are they tight (20 ft/lbs).

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
not normal
loose peg bolts ??
loose bolts somewhere else???
tires????
engine vibration???
bees:shrug:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Put some shoes on no more buzzing.

Seriously though you shouldn't have any kind of noise coming from those and you should not feel vibration either.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Vibration in foot pegs, I have never experienced. With that said, I do feel a little "buzzing" in the highway pegs (kury) from time to time. These pegs are mounted to the lower engine guard. So, this is probably normal.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Yes, you will get "buzzing" or slight vibration in the pegs under hard acceleration. This can be ameliorated by running mid grade 91 gas. That fixed mine.

Some people can feel this, some cannot. I have never ridden a wing without it tho I've only ridden 7 of them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got a buzzing in my pegs as well. I have about 8,000 miles on my E3s and have heard from others that use that tire that this is common. I've been told that once I replace my tires, all will be smooth again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Connect that 08 to a Champion solid axle trike kit and the buzz gets even better. You could also feel the buzz in the handlebars. Lets you know you are "moving on!" Not all wingers get this cherished sensation from their bikes! You are one of the lucky ones.

38,000 miles on my 08 trike, and I'm still gittn'it! Hope it doesn't quit!!

:nojoke:

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
I get buzzing in my hand grips (OEM). It starts when E3's have about 2000 miles on them. The miles now are enough for the Waa Waa on turns. I just put Centrimatics on and the buzzing is greatly mellowed. Don't think I have felt it in the pegs, but like DJ says, I'll start wearing shoes and maybe then I'll feel it. Hate to give up my flip-flops just to get buzzing in the pegs !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts