GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from an 1800 mile trip through Colorado and the Rockies. Beautiful state !! However, I now hear a slight buzzing sound and feel it in the handlebars when I get to 30mph. I seems to stop at around 35 mph.

My dealer had the dash apart 2 weeks before the trip, changing the air filter and I did not notice it then. Just when I returned home.

Any ideas on where to stary looking ? Nothing appears to be loose anywhere obvious, but you can hear it up to the front of the dash and steering forks.

Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Just got back from an 1800 mile trip through Colorado and the Rockies. Beautiful state !! However, I now hear a slight buzzing sound and feel it in the handlebars when I get to 30mph. I seems to stop at around 35 mph.

My dealer had the dash apart 2 weeks before the trip, changing the air filter and I did not notice it then. Just when I returned home.

Any ideas on where to stary looking ? Nothing appears to be loose anywhere obvious, but you can hear it up to the front of the dash and steering forks.

Thanks
A little more info on the Motorcycle or Trike would help, like the mileage, tire being used etc. It could be from the tire and not the dash as from just what you provided so far. Since it only started after you got home from your trip, you might of given it enough time for a tire buzz to start as with the Mich. Tire.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My mpa front tire on my roadsmith has had a buzzing noise
at 25 mph from day one.It has about 10,000 miles on it now
an has not changed. I like the tire but may try a bt145 next
time.
Steve

·
Registered
292 Posts
Would it sound almost like a flapping sound? I just had a similar issue. Mine was the plastic tunnel piece wasn't installed properly at the key mounting point. When I re-installed the shelter before a trip I missed the hole through the tab and it gave it just enough play to give some vibration.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buzzing noise

The bike is a 2009 Goldwing with a 2011 CSC trike. The front tire is a new Michelin with approx. 3,000 miles on it. The buzz goes away at approx. 35mph speed, and does not do it every time. I can hear it and feel it in the bars. It is not horrible, just enough to be annoying.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have exactly the same problem.

I have a Michelin Pro Active in reverse on the front and it had always sung some, but lately I too am getting the same kind of buzz you described. My son in law backed his truck into my front fender causing me to have to replace that but every thing is tight. My son suspects that I have tried raising the windshield too much and it is out of track but I now have it in the shop and going to replace it with a Tulsa tall so if the sound should dissapear then I'd guess he was right. I have shook the rear view mirrors and they are tight, it is not a speaker buzz, but it is a buzzing type noise that dissappears at 45mph. I too hope to find a cure.:eek::wrong:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
One of the inner front fairings is not properly installed. So you get a buzz and vibration up to the point enough air force or friction pushes it hard enough to stop.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a Bridgestone battleaxe mounted in reverse for my front tire and have the same thing, had an elite 3 before didnt have the vibration at all but the tire after only 4000 miles was shot! So my guess would be its the tire, at least in my case anyway.

Clear skies, Steve W.

·
Registered
77 Posts
buzzing

I had a buzzing nd it turned out to be an electrical connection under the top plastic. A friend removed the top to fix the cruse control and moved some of the wiring. the noise disappeared.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My buzzing on 2006 wing trike was a result of a new MPA tire being installed...
:agree:Im with Dawg on this one ,I put on a MPA got the buzz and vibes took it off, installed a Battleaxe 45. Now it's smooth and quite. Charley

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
buzzing

I am still not sure if it is the front tire, or dash/ fairing. It is more noticable when I have accelerated past 40mph, then let the bike coast back down to approx. 35mph. It sounds like it is coming from the right handlebar area and I can feel it in the right bar more than the left side. It does sound like a metal buzzing sound, then stops at approx. 27 mph.

Thanks for all the ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts