GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've got an '01 with 103k on it. The engine has a strange buzzy vibration at low speeds, seems to go away on the highway.
I did replace the alternator a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if the little rubbers have gone bad.
Just wondering...

Jim

·
Vendor
16,022 Posts
What little rubbers ??? Any chance of making a video of the sound, posting it on YouTube, and pasting a link to it here ???

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm....no...its not really making a sound, I meant I can feel it in the grips, well in the pegs too...
Just not as smooth as it used to be...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that's something else I considered, I had replaced the rear with Michelin Commander and didn't pay attention that it wasn't a radial. So when I replaced the front I thought it would be a good idea to match it. Now I'm not so sure.
I thought about swaping the front off my '14 over to the 01 and see if it made a difference...
Thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Should be easy to determine if the "buzziness" is engine speed related or just speed (tire) related. Change gear(s), pull the clutch in, shift to neutral, etc..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya should be, but then I'm kind of a meathead...
Now I'm thinkin it would disappear if I shut the motor off while I was rolling about 40 or so...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts