GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am installing a after--market C.B. on my 2002 Wing.
Need to know what the cable end of the stock antenna wire has on it. Is it a male motorola plug? Or what other type? This is the end that goes into the C.B. Radio. I have ordered the C.B. Antenna but don't have it yet.
I need to purchase a extension cable to plug into the C.B. on the front left pocket of the bike.
I would guess that I need a extension cable with a female motorola plug on one end and a male PL259 plug on the other end.
Called Sierra Electronics in Ohio and they have several cables made up different ways---or they can make on up for my needs. They say they don't know what I need for sure.
Appreciate any help here I can get, need to order the extension cable
Thanks Richard.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If I remember correctly it is a motorola plug. I bought the 6 ft extension from them and ran it to the side pocket.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Richard
Go down to your local Radio Shack and buy a FM radio antenna extension cable. They are available in several lengths and have a female motorola connector on one end and a male on the other. Also buy a PL259 connector and then cut the extension cable to length and attach the PL259.
Should cost you under $10

1 - 3 of 3 Posts