GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I recently (as in just tonight) installed a used C.B. purchased fom a member of this board, and first shot out of the gate got "CB Error" flashing on the screen, any ideas??
Thanks in advance,
Scott James

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I think that can happen if you hook up one of the wires from the CB to the wrong connector. Hang in there and maybe one of the other guys that actually knows what he's talking about can help you. :wink: Getting a CB has been on my wish list for about 5 years now. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Red,

I used the black 3 prong plug, the only one that I could find that wasn't already taken. Is there another plug to be used somewhere else?
Thanks,
Scott

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
scott6scooter said:
Red,

I used the black 3 prong plug, the only one that I could find that wasn't already taken. Is there another plug to be used somewhere else?
Thanks,
Scott
Keep digging. I can't remember if both are in the same lrg boot or not. I won't guarantee that's your problem, but if the radio is any good it probably is.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
wrong plug, did it too

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all, The black plug is wrong, the correct plug was in a different "boot" and was clear/white.
Thanks again,
Scott

·
Registered
143 Posts
CB hook up

Isn't it amazing that someone on this board has probably already been there before. I just enjoy haning out here and learning from others before I make that same mistake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts