GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01' 1800 and the CB talk button is not making contact all the time. Sometimes it doesn't transmit at all unless you really push down extremely hard. Is there a way to clean the transmit button? If so please give me some details. Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Firefighter: Had the same problem last year with my '02 1800. Don't press too hard on the CB key. It will break. Two wingers in my GWRRA chapter did that. I got a can of contact cleaner from Radio Shack (cost $11, but worth it) and sprayed into the base of the CB key and worked it up and down. The key went right back to working and I haven't had any trouble since. You'll also need to spray the audio buttons, fog light switch, reverse switch, etc from time to time. Keep a can in your bike.
Ride safe, Stobby.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We rode with a friend with the same problem. Turned out to be the ground strap in the trunk was broken at the floor mount. Harder to find because of the washer over it. Worth checking, no charge.
Yes, we thought it was transmitting better when pressing the hardest on the switch. After fixing the ground, the button was an easy press.
Just my experience to share.
Bob

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
1++ on the spray contact cleaner from Radio Shack ....works great !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts