GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here who has the (relatively) new Schuberth C4 Pro helmet and did not get the SC1 comms system with it but instead is using a J&M BT-03 or BT-04 with this helmet?

I am about to pull the trigger on this expensive lid but I want to make sure that the BT-04 headset can be installed on it. This unit can only be installed on the left side of the helmet and I have some concern because of the new position of the integral visor slide mechanism. I'm currently using a Schuberth C3 Pro with BT-03 which works fine (just time for a new lid) but that design (visor switch) is different.

Is there anyone, just ONE person that can say "Yup, I have the schuberth C4 Pro helmet with J&M BT-03/04 installed"

Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
126 Posts
Personally I think you will ruin the helmet by trying to remove the built in headset and replacing with a J&M. Give the intergrated headset a try you may like it.
I have to 2 C3 Pros and use the Sena 20s in one and the Schuberth 10U in the other and to work great, instantly paired with the bikes Bluetooth system.
I considered a C4 Pro a few months back but many of the reviews said stick with the C3 Pro.
Also, you may want to get another C3 Pro as prices have really dropped and Schuberth will probably release a C5 in a few months

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pwillis,
I appreciate the input but disagree that removing the integrated Sena antenna, microphone and speakers will "ruin" the helmet. They will simply be replaced by superior J&M components (and J&M has done this with this C4/C3 C4Pro/C3Pro helmets many times already). I initially thought the integrated headset was pretty slick, but after research of reviews decided that I'd rather stick with J&M, who's headset's sound quality is excellent. Also, John L. at J&M custom made a pigtail for my existing BT-03 unit that accepts my (very) expensive Fit-Ear ear buds. Sena would never do this, and the ability to plug in custom earbuds is not an option on the SC1 unit that integrates with these C4 and C4 Pro lids.

Finally, I am getting the Carbon version of this C4 Pro helmet (not fiber glass) as it is a lighter helmet. Apparently, folks have had fits with the SC1 units in these carbon helmets because the carbon interferes with the RF signals. An externally mounted (i.e. J&M unit) will not suffer from these problems.

Thanks for your input though, I do sincerely appreciate it.

Matt

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
If J&M is doing the work I would not worry about the helmet being ruined. I personally have worked with many helmets and do not think that I have the skills and equipment to modify a C4 or C4 Pro. I do have a SC1 Advanced and it works very well if the speakers are properly placed in a C4 Pro. With a C4 you can have problems with the microphone placement. You bring up some very good reasons for wanting a J&M unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts