GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took an I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E road yesterday... "Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd"... which connects PCH-1 to the 101, just south of Big Sur. Lot's of jaw-droping views of the coast!

We took it east to west, which was recommened so as to more easily view the coast while on the STEEP desent to PCH. Pavement is pretty good, but lots of off-camber turns means it's 1st or 2nd gear all the way down; oh and about half of it is Single-lane going both directions, so probably best to do this on a week-day when there's no traffic (we only saw 2 other cars going the other way)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=35.95133,-118.970947&spn=4.873,13.304443&z=7

(Not my pics)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yup a nice road. I see your from down south. On the way home take Hwy 166 east to Hwy 33 to Ojai. It takes you over the mountains to Hwy 101. Best on weekdays also as it gets very busy. Very technical road also with great stops and on the coast side some nice river access and lots of watering holes and restraunts. Will add a few hours to your trip south. watch the weather as you will be in snow elevations in spring and fall. And take your time!!!!!! Can be crowded with ricky racers on weekends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts