GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, looking for some recommendations for cabins to stay at for a week in the Maggie Valley area. The wife and I plan on trailering the Wing (she does not do long rides anymore) and then take day tours in the area. The only prerequsite is that parking for the truck & trailer is a must.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Have a great snowless day (we have not had a snowless day for awhile here in Central Pa)

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Fav

This is not a cabin, but a small Inn (but, they do have one "Special" cabin that we stayed in and it was awesome!). This is located right in the heart of Maggie Valley and the each of the room(s) feel like an old rustic home.... really nice and they let me leave my truck and trailer there for the 4 days we were there. We always try to get a reservation here when we go up that way!! http://www.mvchalet.com/index.html

Highly recommend!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
We have stayed twice at The Valley Inn in Maggie Valley.

It is an older Motel, but Clean & Friendly.
In the back, there is a Creek with Swings along the bank, a Gazebo, and a Fire Pit.

You can check them out at Trip Advisor.

·
Registered
330 Posts
there is a real nice motorcycle friendly B&B right in the center of the Maggie Valley in a small town of Waynesville NC. It is Prospect Hill B&B, you can look them up on the interweb. I've stayed there with my group of friends several years. there is room for a truck an trailer and they'll provide a nice breakfast each morning as well. Price is good too.

Larry

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
We stayed here last winter for ski season:

http://www.alamomotel.com

As the site says they are pet friendly (we brought our dog). They also claim to be biker friendly (although we were not on the bike when we visited). Friendly owners (be careful, they will talk to you forever and keep you either off the slopes or off your bike if you let them). They have a few hotel rooms and then the cabins (although a couple of the cabins are actually trailers). The have kitchens and grills are available on site. There is a wi fi signal at the gazebo in the middle of the compound. We plan to go visit them again some day, whether it is to ski or bike.

Note: our most recent trip to Maggie Valley to go motorcycle riding we stayed at a friend of a friend who owned a vacation rental home in Black Mountain so we can't vouch for their motorcycle friendliness at Alamo Motel however we talked to the owners and we told them that we might visit again on our motorcycle and they welcomed that idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts