GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you get rear brake pads for a csc trike?

·
Registered
501 Posts
If it's the CSC Cobra, you'll have to get them from CSC. From all that I've read, they are proprietary.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
If it's the CSC Cobra, you'll have to get them from CSC. From all that I've read, they are proprietary.
That's my understanding as well, based on reports seen in this forum and is further complicated by the fact that CSC offers both a 'normal' and a 'performance' brake system.

If I had a CSC, I would take the pads to a full service brake parts supplier and compare them to automotive pads. Though the CSC caliper is branded, due to volume, I suspect that the pads are off the shelf, if you can find the right shelf. The volume is very small to justify unique pads. I can see how CSC would want all the business, but... :joke:

·
Registered
197 Posts
My motto, support your mfg, support your local dealer, may pay a bit more but they will be there for you if a problem comes up, to each his own,,,Call CSC get a set of pads!:yes1:

That's my understanding as well, based on reports seen in this forum and is further complicated by the fact that CSC offers both a 'normal' and a 'performance' brake system.

If I had a CSC, I would take the pads to a full service brake parts supplier and compare them to automotive pads. Though the CSC caliper is branded, due to volume, I suspect that the pads are off the shelf, if you can find the right shelf. The volume is very small to justify unique pads. I can see how CSC would want all the business, but... :joke:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My motto, support your mfg, support your local dealer, may pay a bit more but they will be there for you if a problem comes up, to each his own,,,Call CSC get a set of pads!:yes1:

Totally agree! Order from CSC and put them in yourself. Not hard at all!

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
You noticed that my response was to post #3?

If I had a CSC trike kit, I would want to know which if any parts are available from auto parts houses in case of an emergency; though I would likely patronize California Side Car and it's dealers if competitive. There are many more NAPA and Auto Zone stores than CSC stocking dealers and lots of them are open on Sundays.

·
Registered
581 Posts
+1

Ken L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts