GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has/is experiencing the apparent Caller ID software bug I am experiencing on my 2018 Gold Wing and if so, any solution. I connect my iPhone 8Plus via USB to listen to music as the Bluetooth latency while making selections is ridiculously long. I don't use the phone while on the bike other than for music, so when a Contact/Caller ID is displayed on an incoming call I just look and continue on enjoying the ride.

The problem I'm experiencing is every incoming call has the same Contact/Caller ID, yet when I get off the bike and look at the call log on the phone, it is correct and shows the "real" caller(s).

I called Honda and the only solution they came up with was a hard reset of the iPhone. I found that solution hard to believe. I called Apple and they confirmed what I had thought, it's not the phone.

I wouldn't be posting this, as I could live with a bad caller ID, except for some unknown reason the Caller ID displayed with every incoming call is an old girlfriend ! Yep, out of 902 contacts on my phone, the "bug" selects an old girlfriend I haven't been in contact with for years. Wish I was kidding, but I am not. Luckily the call log on my iPhone is accurate... I had some explaining to do for awhile. Unreal.

If anyone has or is experiencing the same problem of just one Caller ID appearing on incoming calls or can think of a possible solution, I'd really appreciate.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same here! Only mine shows my wife's number. Just don't answer" sweetheart" anymore! I have tried refreshing phone download, hard rest of my Android, and system reset on the audio system. The audio system reset works for a bit but it returns. I have yet to call mother yet but will before long. Good luck ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Reset the entertainment system.

Beagle

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing for no apparent reason. Just started one day and stayed that way. iPhone xR if that matters.

Marc

·
Registered
471 Posts
Same problem here.
Nothing wrong with your phone.
Another update bug.

Since the January update, every incoming call is listed as "Anne". When I check the Samsung android phone, it shows the ACTUAL incoming caller, (not Anne).
"Anne" is the first entry in my 20 Speed Dial Numbers. See page 104 of the Manual.

I plan to delete ALL my speed dial numbers (page 105) to see if this isolates the incoming caller problem.
Then I plan to give that info to the Honda complaint desk.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Since the January update, every incoming call is listed as "Anne". When I check the Samsung android phone, it shows the ACTUAL incoming caller, (not Anne).
"Anne" is the first entry in my 20 Speed Dial Numbers.
Well, if yer wife's name isn't Anne, you'd better have a good excuse ready when you next take her riding! The wife, that is...:wink2:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Can confirm that this has started happening on my B since the January update. Worked perfectly before. And I'm on an Android, so it's definitely NOT the phone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's feedback ! Given it's happening on Android and Apple...the problem resides in Honda's software and/or hardware.

It's just hard to imagine that Honda hasn't fixed this problem and other audio/nav issues listed in other threads. Pretty basic stuff that a company like Honda has the expertise and resources to fix. Says a lot about the Company in my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My LG v 30 also is doing the same thing the same number comes up on the caller ID I've tried everything different types of pairing I plug my cord in steal the same thing reset the phone reset the infotainment center on the motorcycle it's a software problem from Honda plain and simple!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Having the same issue as well:frown2:

·
Vendor
17,832 Posts
If anyone has or is experiencing the same problem of just one Caller ID appearing on incoming calls or can think of a possible solution, I'd really appreciate.

Thanks
Have you tried re-booting ???

Have you downloaded any apps that did not come from Apples app store ???

Have you tried removing all apps ???

·
Registered
471 Posts

I plan to delete ALL my speed dial numbers (page 105) to see if this isolates the incoming caller problem.......
Update:
After deleting all my Speed Dial numbers, nothing changed.
Every incoming call is still "Anne".

Maybe it remembers only the last outgoing call, and re-names every incoming call to that one.
I plan to do more testing on this annoying bug.
Jefro.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Update:
After deleting all my Speed Dial numbers, nothing changed.
Every incoming call is still "Anne".

Maybe it remembers only the last outgoing call, and re-names every incoming call to that one.
I plan to do more testing on this annoying bug.
Jefro.
Not sure this helps but I deleted the one number that pops up and now it seems to work ok

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Have you tried to connect with another bike, maybe at the dealership? Or perhaps you might know someone with an Apple phone and determine if the problem remains on the bike or with the phone. I have the 8plus as well but have not had this problem. I have not updated the bikes software.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts