GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my two wheeled scenic viewfinder steel stallion friends!

So, who's up for a little RTE to Cameron? For those not in the know, Cameron is roughly 30 minutes north of KCMO on I-35.

I'm thinking one of two places...

My first choice would be Tub Creek BBQ (https://www.facebook.com/tubcreekbbq/) and the second choice would be Dino's Diner. Both eateries are within a few blocks of each other.

For desert, I highly recommend Shatto Milk (https://shattomilk.com/) west of Cameron and south of Hwy 36. Their flavored milk AND shakes are of the highest quality.

Dino's has another site on the west side of Trenton along Hwy 6, which we liked better. Both were equal distance from Gallatin, we just preferred the open, bright eating area of the Trenton location. Food's identical, just a brighter ambience.

If you go to Trenton for the RTE, might I suggest backtracking to Jamesport to the Gingrich Dutch Bakery. Their raspberry creme pie is instantly addictive, but all their pies and tasty treats are well worth the indulgence. Or, go south a bit more from Jamesport along Hwy 190 to the H&M Bakery. One word of warning, think Amish baking. yummm....

Both of these restaurants offer unbelievable portions and are well priced for the working stiff. Shatto Milk has both indoor/outdoor seating plus a cool gift shop.

On the hot days which are coming, nothing better than a cool place to shrug off those heat waves with good food and great friends.

So, who's in?

- David

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Depends upon the date and if we are in Missouri. Iowa trip and Utah/Colorado trip are on the calendar.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12 more days until I get some Tub Creek BBQ sweetness! August 16 if anyone else may be in the area. I'll be riding in from either Oklahoma or Kansas, not sure where I'll end up on the 15th, which will determine trip time on the 16th.

But at present, I'm shooting for around 6pm. I'll do an updated time the closer we get to Aug 16.

BTW, I'll be the guy on the grey '05 GL1800 pulling a grey Aluma MCT. Don't get too close to the bike trunk, as my watch dog, "Timex," just might snarl at ya...

Afterwards, a short ride up the street to Sonic or DQ for some cold sweetness, should there be any room left in "MY" trunk!

- David

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, spit!

This time last week after working in the shop cutting, molding and sanding a wood project for multiple days, I thought my sinuses were unhappy with me due to the amount of wood dust I was ingesting. Turns out a good sinus infection took me out until now.

That sweet bbq at Tub Creek will have to wait for another day...sigh.

For those that showed up and I wasn't there, I trust you ate well. I was so out of it with the fever I didn't even know what day of week it was. Reckon it was a good thing I didn't roll out on my trusty steel stallion, two-wheeled scenic viewfinder for a week's worth of riding.

Perhaps in October I'll get another chance to redeem myself!

- David

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Well, spit!

This time last week after working in the shop cutting, molding and sanding a wood project for multiple days, I thought my sinuses were unhappy with me due to the amount of wood dust I was ingesting. Turns out a good sinus infection took me out until now.

That sweet bbq at Tub Creek will have to wait for another day...sigh.

For those that showed up and I wasn't there, I trust you ate well. I was so out of it with the fever I didn't even know what day of week it was. Reckon it was a good thing I didn't roll out on my trusty steel stallion, two-wheeled scenic viewfinder for a week's worth of riding.

Perhaps in October I'll get another chance to redeem myself!

- David
David -

This forum has long since quit notifying me of any of the Missouri board posts - or any posts at all - but send me a PM if you're going to be in Missouri - and I'll have lunch with you.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts