GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the low down..I found this camper on craigslist,I talked with the owner sounds good,has been garaged kept Tent has no rips Or anything...She has it for sale for 1100.00..After not selling in a week I offered her 600.00 she said she would take it...But i think i am going a different way.I already have an aluma trailer so i think i am just going to buy a good quality 4 person sent..I have most everything else..Except the self inflating mattress ..So i thought i would post it here for anyone who may be looking for one...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/mcy/2421499762.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
sleeping in a trailer beats sleeping on the ground. It seems everytime we went tent camping it would rain so now its a trailer ! :lol:

·
Registered
740 Posts
This is a great price for a combi-camper. It just might be a little big to pull with the wing, should be seen before purchase.
Bob VanNess

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
We have been MC trailer camping for a long time and are familiar with that make trailer. It comes in three sizes single, double and queen. You need to know what size it is. The queen size goes down the road the size of a queen bed. They are quite heavily built. Were popular in the early 80's. The cargo is stored inside the frame seen on the top. A cover is then placed over the cargo. When you set up camp all of the cargo must be removed before you can fold the floor out. Then you can put all of the cargo onto the floor inside the tent. Tricky in poor weather.

The $600 is very cheap compared to a new Bunkhouse trailer that cost about $3500 today. It differs in that the cargo does not have to be moved and is accesable when going down the road or set up in a camp. I does not have the queen size hard floor of the Combi Camp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts