GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We, Steve (steveonawing), and I (the ruggedly handsome guy).Went to; Maggie Valley, Smokey Mountains, Deals Gap, Cherohala Sky Way,Hunt's campground, Moonshiner run. We had a great ride down (530 miles) perfect weather, no traffic. Stayed the first night at Maggie Valley. Left in the morning, after a great breakfast at the pancake place. Up 19 to Blue Ridge, There was fog in the valleys made for a good picture.

Left there to 441 and the Smokies. We rode out to the Highest point in Tenn. (6643 ft).

Then Down 441 to little river road, very scenic road. Did not stop to take pictures. That took us to foothills parkway, That to 129. We took a right turn to 411( not up to Deal's Gap)left to 360. That took us to Hunt's Campground.After a great dinner at Talico Cafe, we settled in for a nice night at Hunt's.We woke to a beautiful day of riding. First we went to the water fall off Charahola.

Then Charahola to 129. That took us to Deal's Gap. Then to 28 south. I have riden 28 to route 19 never any further south untill now. WOW WOW WOW. about 20 miles of twisties. The most I have ever riden. I pulled in and Steve looked at me, and we both said that is to much. I NEVER GET ENOUGH TWESTIES. Until now. We rode another 20 miles to Franklin, then west on 64 to 294 to 68 then Hunt's. That night we talked to a guy from Chicago (Enic) who rode route 28 further south. There he found three water falls.( I guess I have to go back and see them.) The next day we had rain all day. So we went to the museum, and ate and ate and ate.Friday we left for home. Cold all the way (559miles), but dry.Jack and Lorie said hi , and Brade won't be back. Can't Waite to see all of us next year.Steve has not posted yet, but if he does its steveonawing. Enic said he would join our group too.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a good time.

Come back to the area and join us.
There is about 50 of us going to be at the Bryson City Chili Ride so far
Oct 13-15-2011.

Also we do alot of the same rides and much more at the
www.smokymountainridein.com 2012

You and your friends come join us.
Gary

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Gary-Gene,
You sure know how to have a GOOD TIME.
And aren't the folks at Hunt's GREAT! :thumbup:
thecruiser

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gary-Gene,
You sure know how to have a GOOD TIME.
And aren't the folks at Hunt's GREAT! :thumbup:
thecruiser
Hay snowclem??.,cruser???!! I am going to try to meet you in WV. What is it 6---8 in Oct? Watog looks small. Are you reserving?

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Hay snowclem??.,cruser???!! I am going to try to meet you in WV. What is it 6---8 in Oct? Watog looks small. Are you reserving?
WaaHoo, Gary Gene,... :thumbup: I'd finally get a chance to meetcha.

W-Va is a great place to Ride. Beautiful roads and a perfect time of the year. We were there last Oct also and hope to be able to make it there every year for a while.

I'll be in Beckley (about 100 miles from Marlinton) but will Ride over Friday for the Saturday Darksider's Ride. I have reservations at the Marlinton Inn for both Fri & Sat nights as well as dinners both nights and B-fast on Sat am.

Ride in dates: Oct 7th & 8th.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290737
Looking for a great time to be had by all! :thumbup:

The Sat after the Ride-in is Bridge Day!
http://www.officialbridgeday.com/new-river-gorge-bridge
Not to be missed, especially if your in the area.
thecruiser

1 - 5 of 5 Posts