GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about camping in national parks.Someone told me that me and the wife could for a reduced price or maybe free because i'm a disable vet and were in our mid 60'eds. Thank you ahead of time.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Friend of mine told me he got a free lifetime pass to the national parks so your info may be correct.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Not sure about Vet benefits, but all of us motorcycle types already get the some discount.

For example entrance into Yosemite is $20 for cages and $10 for motorcycles.

Google it I would not be surprised at all if Veterans get other discounts as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
National Parks

Does anyone know about camping in national parks.Someone told me that me and the wife could for a reduced price or maybe free because i'm a disable vet and were in our mid 60'eds. Thank you ahead of time.
If you are 65 you can get a senior pass for $10 at any National Park. This will give you and up to 3 more occupants of your vehicle or 1 more on your Wing free access to National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores, etc.

I've used mine when I toured the west in 2009 and saved a bunch of $$$$.

Check it out here: http://www.us-parks.com/golden-age-passport.html

·
Registered
180 Posts
Disabled citizens can get a free access pass good for ever at most park offices and some park entrance gates. These passes also provide reduced fee camping at many parks.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
National Forest

The senior life time pass got me half price ($6/nite) in Cascades National Forest last Sept. The prices might vary, but 1/2 price for whatever it is should still work.

Richard

·
Registered
491 Posts
The age for the latest version of the senior pass is 62. It's free and I used it a few weeks ago to get into Yellowstone at no cost.

Edit, I just checked the web site and it says that the pass should cost $10.00 in person. I guess the guy that gave me mine free screwed up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
We just returned from Zion NP. A friend got a senior lifetime pass for free with a $10 processing fee. He's 66. It's good to any NP. We hit severl NP's in Utah on the trip and he saved a lot of money. The age to qualify is 62. I'm 61 and1/2. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just got mine yesterday at the Skyline drive. Cost us 15.00 to enter at Front Royal. When we got to Waynesboro and got off we got our lifetime senior card and got 5.00 back.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If you are 65 you can get a senior pass for $10 at any National Park. This will give you and up to 3 more occupants of your vehicle or 1 more on your Wing free access to National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores, etc.

I've used mine when I toured the west in 2009 and saved a bunch of $$$$.

Check it out here: http://www.us-parks.com/golden-age-passport.html
The Age requirement is 62 not 65. At least I got mine at 62 and have been using it for three years now. Great bargain.

Fred

1 - 11 of 11 Posts