GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is to say I have a nav system on my 08 and do not use it. (I like my Garmin Zumo 550). Is the factory nav plug and play enough to sell to another Winger that could use it? I figure we'd have to trade the control panel from the right fairing as well.

TIA

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I honestly do not think it is feasible. Brackets and mounting positions and such things between a Nav bike and one with just a meter panel are different.

Not sure if they have the same wire harness or not, but I bet not. I do know the plug in pins for the front meter panel are not there on a non nav bike, or at least I have never seen them. More pins, more circuits and so on.

Anything can be done, with enough time and gathering of parts. The wire harness would be the main obstacle.

A refurbished Zumo from Amazon would be less expensive in the long run.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Anything is possible given enough time and knowledge to do it.
I would think the main mounting points of the meter panels would be the same(absolutely don't know for sure). Can't see Honda making them different causing more assembly plants part numbers, etc.:shrug:
I believe it would be a major untaking to do so. But again, no knowledge.
Nor can I imagine anyone paying enough for the almost useless Honda Nav system to even try the swap!

·
Registered
195 Posts
There are 2 sub harnesses that are required for the Navi unit. As Kit said the Information meter panel is different and I would think just trying to route the two sub harnesses (if they are not there) because of the limited area as well as mounting the antenna which is under the upper cowl would be cost restrictive.

Charlie Morse
Land Eephant

I'm sure someone will make some stupid comments soon on this about the unit.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
1. How much do you think the unit would sell for?
2. Would be interesting to compare a Nav equiped bike to a non-Nav with the seats and panels removed.
Keep us informed if you pursue this. Would be an interesting story, IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I'm just tapping into the brain trust to see if anyone knows the facts. Seems like I'm getting some facts. As I said for my part, I have a zumo installed and am happy with that. I have no idea what the factory unit would be worth. I suppose that question can only be answered by someone that would be interested in it.

Thanks for the responses so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts