GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question on the GWRRA Board but would like your opinions too.

We will be moving to Texas sometime this fall (hopefully when we sell here}. The only way I can see to get the rental truck, our Dodge Pickup and two trikes moved in the same trip is to tow or trailer the trikes. I have checked with Rider and their car carrier doesn't have a center. Uhaul has a 5x9 ramp trailer but its interior width is 4' 9" and our trikes are about 4' 8". With any movement at all the trike fenders would not fair well.

So, I would your opinions, thoughts, and recommendations, pro or con, about trying to tow the trikes backward using a car dolly.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Buy a sheet or two of plywood to fill in the missing center part, or buy the trailer like posted before, that way you'll fit right in when you get to Texas. Pickup with trailer.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If I'm reading your question correctly, you want to back the rear two wheels onto the dolly and let the front wheel roll on the pavement???

No way in the world would I try that for even a short distance, let alone from Bradenton to Texas.

I'd be worried about the forks and head bearings taking a real beating or sustaining damage. The front end isn't designed for that kind of weight or for the forces being applied in that direction. Imagine if the front wheel hit a big pothole!

Uh uh, no way

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, I didn't think the car dolly was a brilliant idea but wanted to get some opinions form folks more experienced than I am.
Will probably do like Dozerman says, come back and ride the bikes to Texas. That would solve getting the little trailers there too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts