GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: a GL1800,wife wants to buy me a Handy Lift which raises the whole bike via compressed air but there's no way for me to get the bike off it's wheels for maint or spinning them to clean etc. It's nice for the back because you would be working almost upright but not that practical. Help..

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Torch

I use the Larin lift from Sam's. Not the greatest, but the price is right and it works fine for both the Valk and the Wing. I bought the adapter ref'd above to use with the Valk. Also, the HCC has a Larin that you can check out from Smoky and use when you want. Includes the adapter. Just would need to get it to do your work and then get it back to available for others. I'd let you borrow mine, but the Valk is on the lift and the Wing on the center stand (with front up slightly using antoher jack) while I am recouping.

·
Registered
21,341 Posts
Torch, if you want to be able to spin the wheels for cleaning or maintenance while on the Handy lift all you need is a $10 bottle jack under the front of the engine while the bike is on the center stand and you will be able to spin both wheels. The only significant draw backs I see to the Handy lift are it take up more space (if that is limmited) and $$$$ but I sure wouldn't mind having one.
:yw1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts