GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well shoot, I broke another fog light assembly. I spent about $55 dollars last time replacing the whole assembly. It sort of looks like the lens is just held on with some metal clips, so I thought someone may have figured out how to replace just the glass lens. Both of the lights that I have broken in the past are still buring bright. Can I replace just the lens, or do I have to buy the whole assembly again?

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Yes! :) The Big Bike and Hondaline lens are interchangeable. Any Big Bike dealer can get the lens for you for about $7. Electrical Connection also has them available. I use clear silicone to install them.

Remove the clips then dig the factory sealant/silicone out of the body.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just replaced one of mine.....ordered the lens from Electrical Connection. 6 Bux for the lens If I recall correctly. I ordered an extra lens and a couple bulbs while I was at it.

RRP

·
Registered
750 Posts
Replacement lens

I've got a brand new set of the blue Big Bike lens still in the original pack if you're interested. $15.00 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I was surprised to see it was possible since I took my fog light apart far enough to find it was bonded with silicone adhesive. I was almost sure it would not be possible to repair. This forum is great!

LTH, Thanks for the offer, but I want to stay with clear lenses.

I guess I will order two since the shipping is near the cost of the lenses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts