GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. I can retire in 2005 and I am trying to decide what my post retirement traveling rig will be. I am thinking about pulling an Airstream with a F-250 and putting the Wing in the truck bed. I know there are a couple of companies that make hydralic lifts to get the bike in the bed. That's not the problem. Problem is that I want to have the Wing enclosed inside a truck cap so I don't have to worry about the elements on it but I have never seen one tall enough to house a wing. I do not want to take down the windsheild everytime I load it. Does anyone know of a solution for this or a company that make custom truck caps? :?:

G

·
0 Posts
Shakedown Brown said:
Need some advice. I can retire in 2005 and I am trying to decide what my post retirement traveling rig will be. I am thinking about pulling an Airstream with a F-250 and putting the Wing in the truck bed. I know there are a couple of companies that make hydralic lifts to get the bike in the bed. That's not the problem. Problem is that I want to have the Wing enclosed inside a truck cap so I don't have to worry about the elements on it but I have never seen one tall enough to house a wing. I do not want to take down the windsheild everytime I load it. Does anyone know of a solution for this or a company that make custom truck caps? :?:

make your own

·
Registered
336 Posts
Travel

Just go with the Toy Hauler. Either 5th wheeler or motor home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts