GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I land my power pigtail leads on the fuse box accessory screws in the fuse box? I have mine and my wife's to put on. I was going to put it on the battery lugs. Just wondering what the amp rating is on those two shiny screws.

Bought a 2015 model with 1931 miles on it and found this corrosion on it already! Cleaned it off and will put a thin layer of grease on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Do not know what type of heat gear you have but Gerbing makes a fused unit to go direct to the battery terminals to connect the heat gear too. It comes with a 20 amp fuse installed. IN addition, Gerbing recommends that you shut off the heat gear when the engine is not running, that includes starting the bike before you turn the heat gear on. I can tell you for a fact that you do not want to leave the heat gear on very long after you shut the bike off. Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do not know what type of heat gear you have but Gerbing makes a fused unit to go direct to the battery terminals to connect the heat gear too. It comes with a 20 amp fuse installed. IN addition, Gerbing recommends that you shut off the heat gear when the engine is not running, that includes starting the bike before you turn the heat gear on. I can tell you for a fact that you do not want to leave the heat gear on very long after you shut the bike off. Ask me how I know!
I have California Heat gear. It comes with fused 15 amp circuit. On my other bikes I always hook up to the battery. I also have explicitly told my kids when they use it on their bikes... make sure the bike is running before you turn it on and be ready to go. Don't sit around idling with it on.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put mine on a switched relay. Battery to relay. Relay comes on when the ignition is on, then I can turn the heat controller on. When the ignition is switched off, the heat is off. I don't have to worry about accidentally leaving it on.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I put mine on a switched relay. Battery to relay. Relay comes on when the ignition is on, then I can turn the heat controller on. When the ignition is switched off, the heat is off. I don't have to worry about accidentally leaving it on.
Use the accessory terminals to run the relay.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

Same here. I also have my lighter socket and trailer isolator running, each fused separately, off the same relay (30 amp automotive relay).
Key off and nothing is energized.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Same here. I also have my lighter socket and trailer isolator running, each fused separately, off the same relay (30 amp automotive relay).
Key off and nothing is energized.
I know this is overkill... but dangit, it's cool! Saw someone else posted it on here and I wanted it, bad.

No heat controller required, it's built in. You can even program it to come on at a certain temperature, speed, etc.

The module is the nucleus of Neutrino. Connect your circuits via the connection strip, and manage everything else from your smartphone.

• Waterproof
  • Ruggedized
  • Surface Mount Construction
  • Remotable Bluetooth Radio
  • Dedicated Ground Plane
  • Direct Battery Charger Input
  • Easy Connections Via Screw Terminal Block
  • Made in USA

Depending on which model you get, one Neutrino device simply replaces all the of the following accessories:
  • Switches
  • Fuse Blocks/Power Distribution Module
  • Heated Gear Controllers
  • Voltage Monitoring Devices
  • Environmental Gauges
  • Speedometer Correction System
  • Relays
  • Headlight Modulators
  • Brake Flashers
  • Servo Motor Control
  • Garage Door Remotes

The website: Neutrino Black Box
_

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have California Heat gear. It comes with fused 15 amp circuit. On my other bikes I always hook up to the battery. I also have explicitly told my kids when they use it on their bikes... make sure the bike is running before you turn it on and be ready to go. Don't sit around idling with it on.

I think with the 'wing you are ok idling with it on... but then it has the same alternator as an Accord so... sage advice on most bikes...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Leads landed, bike polished up. Packing it tomorrow and then Monday taking off to Lancaster, PA and surrounding areas

·
Registered
110 Posts
Leads landed, bike polished up. Packing it tomorrow and then Monday taking off to Lancaster, PA and surrounding areas

Just got back into Lancaster today. Hope the rain quits for your ride in!
(Thread hijack done...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts