GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I love the big screen on the Iway 500. Seems to be working very well after I sent the first one back with screen problems. I have version 1.7 software installed.
Here is the problem. When I am zoomed in to 600ft, the Iway does not name all the adjacent streets on the screen, like my Garmin 276c.

Also the Garmin 276 gives me a constant update on what streets are coming up ahead in my direction of travel. The Iway only shows the street that I am currently on and only identifies major roads.

I like the way that the Garmin names off the streets as I approach, very useful in finding street names in the dark. Can I make my Iway do this??

I like the Iway for ease of use on the menus and it is far easier to route to an address than on the Garmin. The 3D view in the Iway is spectactular. I just wish it had more detail. Is this a configuration problem or do I need to upgrade to the Iway 600 for higher screen resolution??? Thanks...Love this board!!!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Great Lakes Rider said:
... I like the way that the Garmin names off the streets as I approach, very useful in finding street names in the dark. Can I make my Iway do this??
No, currently there is no way to display the upcoming roads, just the road that you're actually on.

I like the Iway for ease of use on the menus and it is far easier to route to an address than on the Garmin. The 3D view in the Iway is spectactular. I just wish it had more detail. Is this a configuration problem or do I need to upgrade to the Iway 600 for higher screen resolution??? Thanks...Love this board!!!
No, you can't change the display resolution, but the 600c will have twice the resolution of the 276c and three times that of the 500c!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iway 500 and street names

Thank you Jon for your response and expertise on the Iway 500. I can live with the shortcomings of local streets not having names. The trade off is a large easy to read screen and entering address and using the menu system is intuative and a snap.
Jon, I am looking foward in your reviews of the Iway 600 when it comes out.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There is a menu item for displaying cross streets but it doesn't appear to do anything. <sigh>

David M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts