GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some opinions , just traded up to a 2004 GL 1800 .need to do some thing to the handle bars . i,m 6" 1 ,230# , 32' arm inseam . all i want to do is tilt the bars up about 1'1/2 with out moveing them back . I have looked at mbl and kury websites , just can,t decide . this one or that one , what do you guys think .

·
Registered
316 Posts
I used the kury set but I needed to bring mine back so It was the choice for me. It was the 6 way set so you have choices.

Allen

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What you want does exist. I use a pair of "wedges" that only lift, not move back. A local Wing shop had them for $10.00.....Big Bike or Add On. HDL show a pair of the same wedges for more money...chromed vs the black model I have.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Kury's offer several positions. I think their website may spell them out. I don't know where my literature went, I guess the installer did away with it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a set of Kury's and no matter how they are installed they move the bars either in or out. I finally bought a pair of the cheap wedges from DLP and they did what I wanted..raised the bars about an inch or so and left them at the same width.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I have a set of Kury's and no matter how they are installed they move the bars either in or out. I finally bought a pair of the cheap wedges from DLP and they did what I wanted..raised the bars about an inch or so and left them at the same width.
REG risers will also move the bars back as well as in or out. Sounds like these wedges might be your solution.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys

thank all of you for your info , I will try the m.b.l risers . one more item off the list . sure am glad i found this website .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts