GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted an item for sale and it has sold. How do I change the title of the thread to now include SOLD? Would eliminate people from looking at the posting. I could delete but then someone may wonder where the thread went.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If you can't change the title why not just edit the first post and put Sold in great big bold bright letters.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
You can also just delete the thread, being you started it.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can also just delete the thread, being you started it.
I was trying to avoid having someone opening the thread just to find out it has been sold. And deleting the thread may have some wonder where it went. Read my first post here.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I erred when I said yes, just the title in the post.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Click on the EDIT POST icon/statement. Once it takes you to the page to edit the post, click on GO ADVANCED. You will be able to edit the title there.

For my $.20 worth, Thank you for doing this! It really irritates me to read 4 or 5 posts, only to see SOLD on the last one.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
I just tried to change or edit a title on one of my old posts and could not figure out how to either sorry

I stand corrected GRAYELKY is absolutely correct I just followed his insstructions and it worked like a charm

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I just tried to change or edit a title on one of my old posts and could not figure out how to either sorry

I stand corrected GRAYELKY is absolutely correct I just followed his insstructions and it worked like a charm
I believe that only changes the title of the thread once you open the thread. The title as it appears in Forum view remains unchanged.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Then I would delete the thread and create a very short one to replace it saying thanks to all "item" sold"

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, got it and updated it! 1) EDIT POST 2) CLICK ADVANCED 3) UPDATE THE TITLE. Worked as stated. I worked in the computer field for 42 years and I always designed online sites for dummies. Don't assume people will be able to find something hidden.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
jerrieric-

Just curious. Did my suggestion work, or did you find another way?

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
jerrieric-

Just curious. Did my suggestion work, or did you find another way?
.. Cool.. That works.. Just tried it

Must be new.
I don't recall ever being able to do that.

Dennis

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
was told once someone has looked/responded to post cant change it :bow::bow:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
was told once someone has looked/responded to post cant change it :bow::bow:
please respond to mine.. Then I'll try and change it again
Edit.. No need.. You are right.. It seems locked after first response..

Dennis

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
please respond to mine.. Then I'll try and change it again
Edit.. No need.. You are right.. It seems locked after first response..

Dennis
DARN you must have been a super moderator and did NOT know it

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
i have inside info :bow::bow::bow::joke: i just asked board that q a week ago . it's not what you know ......... but who :wrong:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts