GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While perusing the list of threads, say in "New Posts", every time you mouse over a thread title there's a "helpful" popup that appears containing a snippet of the thread.

It sounds helpful, but it's not - it's in fact getting in the way of clicking on the actual thread, or continuing to peruse the list.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
100% disagree! I find it helpful to quickly view a post without clicking on it, reading 10 seconds of it and then returning. If I want to continue reading it, simply click on it. No? Move my cursor and move on.

Agree BB; I like it for the same reason you stated.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It should not get in the way of opening the post. If the arrow is over the wording of the post and the window opens up with the text, just click and the post will open up. Another vote that it is very helpful.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It should not get in the way of opening the post. If the arrow is over the wording of the post and the window opens up with the text, just click and the post will open up. Another vote that it is very helpful.
+1. The thread preview is a GREAT feature.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
None of you navigate the forum the way I do apparently.

Instead of "dipping" into each post of interest and then having to back my way out, possibly through multiple pages, I peruse the list and Ctrl+Click on each thread of interest to open it in a new tab.

Once I have perused the list I mark everything as read, and then I read and close each of the threads one at a time, on their own tabs.

Ain't nobody got time for old-schoolin' through the forums. But, to each his own.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
None of you navigate the forum the way I do apparently.
You're right. Your method seems entirely too cumbersome to me. I open one window. I mouse over a thread title for the initial screening. If it interests me, I click and scan/read the thread. If I return to that thread later (same day or days later), I click on the title and it takes me to the first unread post. No way I want a bunch of tabs open. Like you said, to each his own.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Probably nothing to do with the original popup concern, but I have what appears to be a bug. When browsing all the VS websites on my Android phone, after an upgrade, the little "We've Upgraded Our Website" popup appears. It covers a third of my screen. It has the little "x" in the upper right, but the whole pop up is like, touch invisible. Anywhere I touch, including the "x" goes right through and opens the thread. Not wanting to read the thread, only to close the popup, I hit the back button to get out of the thread and the popup, pops up again.

Somewhere on the internet there is someone laughing at the joke, "how do you keep an idiot busy!" :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts