GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to sort the profiles by state. I would sure like to put together a ride here in NJ. City and state seems to be in the same field. Can we fix this or am I just doing something wrong.

I would certainly like to meet some of the folks on this board in my area. I frequented the Volusia board for a long while and met many people IRL. Had several great rides to the beach along the ocean.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Deepfeet,

Someone (usually me... lol) throws a post up every now & again trying to get everyone to standardize the LOCATION field in their profile.

If you put your two letter state appbreviation first, and then the city, other members can sort by location, and the sort will come up with the locations alphabetically. So if the field starts with the state, then all the members in the same state will be sorted together. If you list the city first... then it doesn't do much good.

I'm guessing for our Canadian members, they could list their province first. For the non North American folks, I guess it would be good to list country first?

Just a suggestion of course :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
that would be so great to be able to find folks in your area, or an area your going to visit.

loren

·
Registered
260 Posts
It doesn't help for finding just your friends on the GL1800Riders board, but if you check out http://www.mctourer.com/mtfta/mtfta.html

You can sort by state to find riders that may be able to assit you with ride directions, emergency road side service, and even tent space.

You can get limited information without registering, but I would encourage you to register and be an assistant to other riders that might be traveling through your area.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
IB Mike
I believe most everyone likes your idea,at least I do but it just doesn't seem to be happening. The subject seems to come up every week. Seems like when the board registration was set up it could have taken care of this very easilly. The old board was much better in that area,hopefully someday they will figure out a way to improve this.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Not sure how hard it is to edit the fields in the profile... maybe they could just make the state a seperate field?

Maybe Lamont or Mellow will happen by here and be able to tell us...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Deepfeet
I've often thought the same thing. It would be great to get together for rides with others from NJ. I'm in the southern part of the state. I'm leaving for a little ride to Daytona next week if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Working on it!

Several of us posted on this subject early on and LaMont and I have discussed. I am pretty sure that they were working to add this to the profile but apparently it required some re-writing of the code and was not an option as originally written. Would not hurt to ask him where we are on this, however. With primary riding season coming up, it would be nice to contact all local rides to see if they would like to hook up.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ok Mike...I changed mine...first I have heard of it :D

Deepfeet...ya need to fill in your location in your profile...that would help :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm new to this board this week, but trying to learn fast.
Thanks for the "state first" suggestion, I just moved mine. I think it would help, & I don't think anyone would be offended, if there were a reminder each week for those who just pop in once in a while.
The search process in the "member profiles" is very slow. I wanted to check who listed CA first. After loading one page at a time to advance forward, many minutes later (10 pages & 467 "no locations"), I arrived at the "locations" beginning with "A". I could only choose a lettered "name" to go directly to.
Is there a way I could go directly to the the CA listed location, or another state?
Thanks for everyone's advice and suggestions, especially all the hard work and time of the moderators. Using these message boards is always an ongoing learning experience

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hey Ric; I love the avatar. Have ya got a full size picture you could email me?

And why don't ya lean that bike a little? :D

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Spare Time?

LaMont,

Spare time? You have spare time? Where in the world do you find spare time? I've been looking for it and still haven't found it, so if you know where I can get some of this "spare time" please let me know.

Thanks for the continued work. Hope to see you at an event or two this year.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Just corrected mine. Hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts